One Year Ago Today….
We said goodbye to everything familiar, walked on to a plane and entered a whole new world. I remember how I felt walking off that plane hit by the heat and humidity. Tyler was begging to get back on the plane and in all honesty part of me was right there with him. We waited an hour the immigration line with two children who were so exhausted that they fell asleep on the dirty concrete floor. When we arrived at our home we all took a short nap. I was the first to wake up when there was a knock on the door. I opened the door and suddenly realized that I didn’t speak the language of the person infront of me… so I freaked out and just shut the door. In that moment the reality of my situation sunk in, I knew NOTHING about life here. This is how our year begin, but I would have never imagined how far God would bring us this first year.
This Past Year We Have Begun Learning…
A new way to eat, cook, drink, talk, clean, shop, listen, dress, travel, greet people, dance, drive and I could go on. Just about everything we do in life we have had to relearn how to do in a new way. However what is most amazing is what God has been teaching us this year.
- How to walk forward in uncertainty and trust that God will lead us in the right direction
- In times of darkness it is okay to just cling desperately to the truths God has given us
- Little blessings are always around when you look for them
- The hardest part of change is letting go of the familiar
- Some days it is okay to just scream!
- Becoming a learner is hard and humbling
- Prayer really makes a difference
It has been AMAZING YEAR and our journey has only begun.
Jesus Lead On…