The work at our new house has progressed enough that we have decided to set a moving date. We will take the dive next Wednesday. This past week has been a week of planning and preparing. Moving is never easy, but here especially it can become a complex puzzle. Here is a little of what moving prep looks like here.
- We have to move our water system, which means we will be without running water at both houses until it is set up at our new house.
- It will takes us even longer to get to where we can do laundry, so we are washing as much as we can now in preparation.
- If I want simple things to just throw in the oven and bake during our move, then it is up to me to prepare those. Our kitchen will be out of commission at least one whole day and maybe two, so I am preparing now what we will eat during those two days.
- We are experts at this now!
- Finding distractions for the little ones, so that they don’t unpack what we have carefully packed
- I am never sure where the unexpected bumps will be, but they always come. We have learned to just expect some challenges and pray for the grace to handle them.
Pray with us that Joel will successfully get our water system hooked up. Pray for strength as we pack and for a smooth transition. Pray most of all that we would keep a good attitude through it all.