Friday was the party before the “winter” school break. Although Christmas is not a huge holiday here, the schools still take a long break because of New Years and another traditional holiday that falls during this time.
Here are some of the things I noted from the morning…
- Some things do actually start on time here
- Santa Clause in Africa wears sunglasses with his Santa Suit
- Ethan thinks that rolling tires is an official sport
- Humor is very cultural. I had no idea was was so funny about the sketches performed, but everyone else thought they were funny.
- It is never hard to pick out my children in a crowd here
- Ethan couldn’t have been prouder to show off his school to Grandma, Grandpa and Aunt Becca