It has been a while, but it is time to get back in the grove. We now have 3 weeks left until we return to the hot desert that has become our home. It has been great to have a break from the stress of life, but we are ready to return. I will honestly say that we are uncertain how we will handle it, but we have confidence that God will guide us through every step of the way. However, I will save that more serious reflection for another time. Lets begin with a little fun. We often get the question asking what we do on furlough. Well here is an answer to that in pictures.
- Traveling to 5 different states
- Many opportunities to share and speak
- Enjoying Awana and learning verses
- Bible studies in English
- Organizing our belongings and re-storing them away
- Connecting with our churches in as many ways as possible
- Meeting so many new friends and desperately trying to hang on to each cherished name.
- Reconnecting with old friends and pretending that our time isn’t as short as it is
Our furlough has been a full and wonderful time. We have accomplished our goals and are looking forward to the Holidays with family. We are excited to return back to Senegal, but are dreading the packing and goodbyes that have to come first. Thank you to so many for making our furlough such a wonderful time!