It feels strange to be back in America. We have changed so much over the past 3 years. Yet all in all it has been a very rewarding experience. What has been most encouraging to me has been seeing how God has renewed our souls during this time. Life in Africa is like living life with a slow energy leak. I think it might have been magnified our first term with the fact that our arrival cut our energy in half straight off. As we are here enjoying some of the conveniences of life and most of all enjoying the decrease in stress, we are slowly feeling our tanks being renewed. It means that we will return to be in a healthy place to start giving of ourselves again.
I am thanking God for our time here and the ways he is reminding us that he is taking care of us. Here are just a few a the ways this week he reminded us of that…
- Some increased support that reminded us God knows our needs and is going to provide.
- A clothing swap at my parents church that provided much need clothes for our boys this winter.
- A random gift of a gas card for all the travel we have.
- Dinner out with friends that can’t help but renew our hearts.
- A rare chance for a date, which hopefully will only be the first of others this furlough.
- Encouraging words from those we mentor in Senegal who are making incredible progress.
I could go back to Africa today and feel in a healthier place than I had been in a long time. However we are excited to remain a little longer and get more time to share with those around us about our life and ministry. We sent out an email with information about ways you can taste and hear a little about Africa while we are here. If you didn’t get the email let us know and we will send it to you. We have lots of African meals we will be cooking and so don’t miss out on your chance to taste it while we are here!
More Blessing In Pictures