The boys started school on September 1st. Summer sped by for them both with all the fun things we had going on this summer. So they were a little shocked when it was time again to get back to school. However they both had a great attitude about going to school. They both had new teachers this year, but have both seemed to be content with their teachers. We are so grateful for the opportunity they boys have had to go to this school. It is not possible in all contexts to find a decent school the local language, but we have been blessed by one. Ethan has only a 2 years left at the school, before we will have to decide on what other options to use. By the time he finishes elementary school Ethan will have done, 7 years of school in French, as schools starts earlier here. What an amazing opportunity for him and also for us as a family. We thank God for the school he has provided and for how He has helped our boys to learn and grow through their time their.
How about some facts about their school…
- There are less than 90 kids in the whole elementary/preschool.
- There are over 7 different nationalities represented.
- Most classes are split grades.
- Ethan is the only English speaker in his class. Tyler has only one other English speaking friend.
- They have English class twice a week, where Ethan and Tyler help with pronunciation.
- The kids only stay until the afternoon 2 days a week.
- Lunch is not their most favorite part of the day, but they do enjoy watching movies in French during the lunch break.
- One of the toys they play with at recess is tires that they roll around
- They bring a snack to school every day, but it is not just about what my kids like, but also about what their friends like to share.
- Their homework each day provides lots of learning for them and for mom and Dad.