Our first two terms taught us the importance to taking times of rest. Our ministry has us separated as a family a lot and so we have learned to schedule in time together between our seasons of travel especially during one the kids school breaks. This past week was on of those. We got away as a family for 5 days to just enjoy time together. I was reminded again of the importance of these moments. The importance of time together laughing, playing games, biking, and of course eating! We needed this recharge as we gear up to start traveling again. These next few months will be incredibly busy, but we cherish those snapshots away.
We are thankful for
- Affordable houses away were we can rest.
- For an amazing family to go on vacation with.
- A pool to have swim races in
- For a place that had bikes and biking paths which was a real treat for the boys
- That we remembered our mosquito zapper as there were plenty of mosquitoes around!
- For some food treats we had brought back with us from the US and were saving for just a moment like this
- For games and puzzles and family who enjoys them
- For a grandma who will take time to teach the boys to sew
- For some much needed rest before a busy season begins
Just before out time away we go to go to a birthday party at our church. Most years birthdays aren’t celebrated but usually the first or second one is celebrated and so we were honored to participate.
For Joel and I normal life involves a week long trip to Guinea. Pray for us as we travel! Pray that this time of rest will give us the strength for whatever obstacles we may face.