It is time to update the school situation for our boys. We shared with you a little of the disappointment we walked through with our boys schooling. After time in prayer and looking at many options, we decided it best to leave the boys in the school they have been in for one more year. We are at peace with this decision, but it doesn’t mean I am not struggling to not to worry about it.
So what are my worries? Well Ethan has moved out of Elementary School and so the program he uses changes significantly. We live in a small town so they don’t have the teachers to run a full program for secondary students. This means that he is now enrolled in schooling by distance with France. He goes to school like normal and they have teachers who come and help, but other than that his schooling is completely independent. All work is done and sent to France for grading. It will be challenging for him as our ability to help is limited and even though all his schooling has been in French it is still his second language. However with the door closed for the moment to schooling in English, we are trusting he will have the ability to be successful at least this year in this program. And reevaluate all the options again next year.
We do know that it will be good for Tyler to get one more year in French schooling and see how it could be helpful for Ethan as well. We are just trusting and walking forward. Ethan’s schedule will be different from Tyler’s so we are going to have to work out the logistics of that once school starts as we don’t get his schedule until the first day of school. We have been teaching them how to use the public buses to get to and from school for when we can’t get them, but that makes me a little nervous as well. There is still lots to work out, but God has it all in his hands.
School starts in a week! Thanks for praying with us.