Our year will start with another bang this year as we host multiple conferences. We will be hosting a 2 week workshop on langauge and discourse. We will have 30 different participants from around our field. There are a lot of logistics that go into this and it promises to keep us on our toes. 🙂 Soon after will be followed with 2 security workshops to help us equip ourselves to begin work in high risk areas.
Alongside those workshops will be our normal travels to visit and encourage different places we work. Our trips this winter and spring will take us to Liberia, southern Senegal and to 2 different areas of Guinea. The load is the more challenging initially for Joel as he will spend more of January and February on the road than at home. The long stretches are never easy. My prayer is the he will not just be holding his breath to make it through the long stretch but that he will have the strength to make the most of the opportunities he is given to serve. Pray with us in this!
In July we head back to our passport country and see many of you again. It is hard to believe it is that time again but we are looking forward to the time to reconnect with as many of our churchs and supporters as possible. We will be based out of Portland from July to December. Pray for us as we pass off our pieces to others to cover during the time of our absence.
So here are some specific ways you can be praying over the next few months.
- We are looking for housing for 2 of our new missionaries and have just a few weeks to get that worked out. Pray for God to provide something.
- Pray for all the details to come together for these workshops, especially for the kids programs and all that entails.
- Pray for us during a busy month ahead that we would find our strength in the Lord during long stretches a way from home.
- Pray for health as we have all been struggling to stay healthy since Christmas.
- Pray for us as we prapare for our trip to the states and all that entails.