Can you believe it’s been over 6 MONTHS since this day?!?
I just can’t. But it’s true! Baby Li-Li is growing up oh-so-fast. In honor of his first 6 months of life outside the womb, here are 6 fun facts about the newest Anyan boy:
1. He has a plethora of names: Elias (pronounced both the German and the English way), Baby Li-Li (which we use all the time), Liles (John’s new favorite), Eli, Genghis Khan (as one of the missionaries here calls him), and lots of names that people who can’t remember “Elias” have called him: Elijah, Elisa, Levi… close enough.
2. His favorite foods (so far) seem to be oranges and pears, but he’s devoured (= gummed it like he’s starving) anything from crackers to chicken to rice.
3. He’s a belly-sleeper! Just a couple of days ago he started rolling over whenever he sleeps and stays like that either because he likes it or because he’s stuck and doesn’t have enough room to roll back…
4. He loves to smile and laugh. A LOT! It’s so fun to hear him giggle and snort, especially when he’s tired… then everything is just hilarious.
5. He’s starting to get attached to his Mommy. He often whines now when I don’t hold him and he sees me, and the other day, he cried for the first time when I dropped him off in childcare. Sad, but a blessing to be needed by my baby (remind me I said that next time both boys cry for me!).
6. He can sit up “all my byself” ( as my precious niece Elliott would say); still a little wobbly, but quite proud of himself!
Happy 6-months birthday, Elias 🙂