3 years ago, our parenting journey started. 3 years ago, our Baby Blueberry was born on a mild January night. 3 years ago we instantly fell in love with our chubby, Asian-looking, wrinkly, screaming baby.
Happy golden birthday, Judah!
Judah has become an independent preschooler who dearly loves his friends, has an imagination as big as the sky, likes things to be a certain way in a certain order, enjoys telling stories, is very protective of his Elias, gets overly excited over treats and movies, grows in his bilingual skills, and learns new things every day (vocabulary words of the day: “Frozen” and “Olaf”).
To celebrate his birthday, we had pizza, batman “cupcapes” (as Judah says it) and presents. And I interviewed the little man to get a glimpse of his 3-year old brain…
20 Questions for Judah:
- How old are you? I don’t know…three, Mama! I’m three, Mama. I’m three? I’m four, Mama?
- How old is Mommy? Three!
- How old is Daddy? Four!
- What is something Mommy says to you? Bakalakalo (he likes to make up gibberish).
- What makes you happy? Ruby. Layla (He sure likes his girlfriends).
- What makes you sad? Bears (Me too, buddy).
- What makes you laugh? Funny is the cat (pointing to the cat outside)! Cat’s like this (pretends to scratch the window)…hahaha (starts giggling).
- What is your favorite thing to do? Sleeping and playing and running.
- What’s your favorite thing to do outside? Play outside with toys.
- Who’s your best friend? Selah and Ruby and Noelle and Sammy and Logan (He must have forgotten to list his cousin Jonas, whom Judah asks for every day and hugs passionately whenever he sees him).
- What are you really good at? Drawing…. mmhhh….rhinos (huh? Like drawing rhinos? Or drawing AND rhinos? Whatever that means…).
- What’s your favorite Bible story? Selah’s Bible story … Noah!
- What is God like? Layla’s dinosaur (No idea what he meant). God is nice and big aaaaaand brave (His answer after I explained what I meant).
- Which superhero do you want to be? Superman and Batman. That’s all.
- What’s your favorite food? Cookie and cupcapes (Of course! He’s been asking about his batman cupcakes every day since I’ve told him he’ll get them on his birthday).
- What’s your favorite book? Tiger book (We don’t own a single tiger book, by the way).
- What’s your favorite song? Old-Mc-Donald-Jesus-Loves-Me!!
- What’s your favorite color? Blue and pink and white.
- What’s your favorite animal? Dodo (His word for elephant)!
- What’s your favorite toy? Dodo toy.
And here’s a nostalgic review in pictures of how he’s grown from a little blueberry to a big boy:
Aaaaaand some pictures from his birthday party:
We love, love, love our Judah Johannes :)! Happy 3rd birthday!