The NTM USA IT Department has been working on a large project that I have the opportunity to be a part of. It is just another way to help support Church Planters and Bible Translators around the world in the work we are doing together as a TEAM (Prayer partners, Financial Partners, Us together with the Church Planters and Bible).
I traveled to Florida to participate in the Systems Implementation. It was a good time to have some face time with the team I am a part of and to help with the Systems Implementation.
In preparation for the trip I did a lot of research and wrote procedures to be used as part of the implementation process.
The trip started AND ended with the excitement of a vehicle breakdown. Although I would not have chosen to break down, it was another opportunity to grow in TRUST that He is in control and has every situation in hand. On the way to the airport I stopped to get a quick sandwich before my flight. When I got back into the car, it started…but was running very rough and didn’t seem to have much power. I fitted and started in the parking lot for a bit and then pulled towards a parking space. It ended up not starting again and there I was about 30 minutes before I was supposed to be at the airport to check in. Almost immediately two men pulled up in a pickup truck and asked if I needed help. They looked over the car, helped me push it into a parking spot and were even willing to help me arrange getting it repaired while I was out of town. They drove me to the airport and I made my flight.
So difficult and so awesome all at once.
- Car quit while in a parking lot, not on the freeway
- Help came just in time to still allow me to make my flight
- I was almost into a parking space and it was out at the end of the parking lot where it wouldn’t cause a problem.
- Walmart was OK with my leaving the car their until it could be towed to a service location.
- No parking fees while I was out of town.
- My Mother-In-Law took care of the towing and repair arrangements.