Firstly, thank you all so much for every prayer for us these past months. Secondly, thank you for your patience as we’ve not been able to give many updates, because we honestly haven’t known what to say. It has been a trying season filled with a lot of praying, waiting and trusting for God to move.
In January, Joe’s heart cath. proved that he did have a bridged artery (there was some speculation on the diagnosis received in Brazil), it also showed some damage consistent with a previous heart attack. However, the cardiologist here in Ohio didn’t feel comfortable with proceeding with surgery and said there was nothing more she could do for Joe.
After a lot of prayer, we decided to get a second opinion with a specialist for Joe’s condition, which was difficult to find because most places like the Cleveland Clinic are still in trial phases for treatment of his condition. Thankfully, God provided a Dr. in California that has done over 300 un-bridging surgeries and they were able to give us a second opinion through online/phone appointments.
So, Joe is now scheduled to have heart surgery in May! The week prior to surgery he will need to have several tests done including another cath. with a sonogram to scan his artery that they will be cutting free from the heart muscle. We have decided to leave the kids with grandparents since we will be there a month and be in the hospital much of the time.
- Praise God! He has provided an appointment for Joe’s surgery! We have been praying and waiting months for this.
- Praise God! He has continued to keep the rest of us in good health and we are doing well. Please pray for our continued health, especially during traveling. As well as for the kids, as we have not been away from Liam & Anora this long before.
- Please continue to pray for Joe, that he will be ok until we leave, that his tests and surgery go well. Also, that his recovery goes well.
- Please be praying for God’s provision for all of the extra unplanned medical and travel expenses. Also, that we could get back up to our 75% monthly support. Since we lost some support this year and our budget increased we are now at 70%.
- Continue to pray for the missionaries of Ethnos360 and PQQ, all of our brothers, sisters and their families serving in Brazil. Pray for our timely return! We would love to be back this fall Lord willing!
And he hath put a new song in my mouth, even praise unto our God: many shall see it, and fear, and shall trust in the Lord.Psalm 40:3
For His Glory, Joseph & Erin Suttle
Debbie Sheaffer says
We are praying vigorously for Joes health and for everyone for strength.
Praying for you and your family, that your surgery goes well and for quick and complete recovery.
Philip Sheaffer says
Thank you for the clarity in your update. You have been heavy on my heart and in my prayers. We will continue to pray.