Here are some current prayer and praise items. A more detailed story follows for those with time to read further about “the Big Worry.”
1. Ken is enjoying his new role in the foodservice department at New Tribes Bible Institute because it gives him more interaction with the student body than he had before.
2. The two little girls we asked prayer for are making progress. The older one is in Andrea’s class, sociable and just at the right age to learn all kinds of new things, including a new language. Her little sister is still reluctant to interact with people who do not speak her language, but is slowly becoming more secure in the childcare setting.
3. The Biem tribal group has heard the Gospel for the first time. More details on their response are given below.
1. Knowing which students to invest in, since we cannot get to know them all in depth.
2. Greater numbers of students next fall. This is where the majority of our new missionaries come from, so let’s pray for the Bible College to reach maximum capacity! (check out www.ntbi.com and www.ntm.org )
Brandon and Rachel Buser were one of the first new families to use the orientation housing Ken helped build in Papua New Guinea. For the past five years they have been involved in regional surveys, temporary support ministry, language and culture study, and literacy development. Just last week their time in the Biem tribe culminated weeks of Bible teaching by explaining the death, burial, and resurrection of Jesus the Christ. We thought you would enjoy reading some of the interactions the Busers have had with those who heard.
-Another one of the guys: “Brandon, I now know this talk to be true. It’s completely true! No one will ever rip these house posts out of my thinking! (we used an analogy all through teaching about how these Biblical truths are like ‘house posts’/the foundation of their belief. If they aren’t planted well (on the Bible), then it won’t stand). Brandon, I don’t care even if you told me something different now…I still wouldn’t believe you. Why? Because as you guys taught, I saw it was God’s Talk (in the scriptures) and not just your own. Now, I will never believe different again.”
-A girlfriend of Rachel’s said, “I’m so glad I don’t have to try to help myself anymore. MY BIG WORRY IS GONE KNOWING THAT JESUS DID IT ALL FOR ME. Before I would sin a little and it would worry me. Then I would go and pray, because I thought by praying I would become clean. Now I know that didn’t do anything for me. Only Jesus can make me clean.”