From Winter to Summer
“Wow, it is hot!” They were our first words when we arrived in Asia Pacific. We stayed in Korea from Dec. 08 to Jan. 31 to get work visas which allow us to do Christian work.
In Korea, we were able to get refreshed by meeting with friends and families, and eating Korean food. 🙂
Then we arrived in Asia Pacific on Feb. 2nd.
We came back to the world of summer from the middle of winter. What has been drastically changed is not only the weather – the language, food, street scenes, people and their life styles, and so on. All around us is completely different now. Difference could be unfamiliarity and discomfort. It is such an honor and blessing to be in an “unfamiliar discomfort” for our Lord!
Kids Are Back to Normal
Seowon and Somyong enjoyed their extra long winter break. They started going to an MK school on Feb. 3. Seowon is in the 6th grade, and Somyong is in the 5th grade. This school is the 6th one for Seowon, and 5th one for Somyong. Thankfully, both of them like their school, and have adjusted well so far.
(Kids enjoying a fun time with their cute little cousin)
Please Pray for Us!
- to continue to develop our intimate relationship with the Lord.
- to take advantage of our difficulties and challenges in the mission field to learn to grow and depend on Him more.
- that our transition and adjustments will go smoothly.
- to find a proper house in a safe place
- to not get sick from tropical or local diseases.
- to find language helpers and build meaningful relationships with them.
- for our kids to grow in faith and be a blessing to the new community here.