Last time I wrote an update, we were on the verge of deciding what region we want to serve in here. Well, we’ve decided we want to serve in the central region (one of the options I mentioned). So some big changes are coming up for us. Alisha has started packing what we want to take to our new home and she’s also taking pictures of things we want to sell before we go.
It’s hard to pack up your house without knowing exactly when you’re going to move; but if there’s one person who can do it, it’s Alisha. I tend to play a less vital and more vague role when it comes to packing. But I do help.
The kids are on fall break this week. The thing is, it’s not fall here. We do miss the four seasons. It’s the end of dry season here. It’s rained a few times already, but rainy season hasn’t started yet. Sometimes, we run out of water for our house in the afternoon evening. That’s fine as long as our water tank is refilled overnight; but sometimes it isn’t, and we live mostly without water for the day.
Anyways, we need to arrange to have our stuff sent to our new home around the end of October/beginning of November. Then, shortly after, God-willing, we will go out of the country to get our new visas. After we get them, we will move. God is pretty dependable, but we are still impatient enough that this process could be difficult.
-We had our language evaluations and we are both doing well
-We are looking forward to continuing our language learning and service in the central region
-The packing/visa trip/moving process is long, expensive and somewhat unpredictable
-Alisha’s dad is not in good health
-The kids’ schooling will interrupted by this move and Alisha will be homeschooling them after we arrive