Hi Friends – Let me introduce us to you.
I am Lourens and we are from South Africa. I became a child of God when I was about 23 years old. Before that Satan and sin ruled my life and rebellion, alcohol, drug abuse, and immorality characterized my life. But after 2 failed suicide attempts and through Gods amazing grace and the faithful love and witness of a colleague, I got to know Christ and His substitutionary work to redeem me. This amazing love has become the catalyst for driving us towards missions. His love for us expressed through undeserving grace in salvation compels us to want to go to others and share this Good News!
For the love of Christ compels us… (2 Cor 5:14)
After resigning from the company I worked at, I went to Bible School (1994), and then started a 6-year stint as a youth worker (1995-2001). During this time I got married and eventually, we joined missionaries as support missionaries for a 4-year stint as support missionaries (2001-2005). We were then sent to the UK for training with New Tribes Mission (Ethnos360) (2005-2007) and ended up as church planters amongst in Papua New Guinea (2007-current)
I am Marie and got to know Jesus as my savior as a teenage girl. I grew up in a God-fearing family, but it took me a while to learn that I am born in sin, and also in need of a savior. I had to learn that my good moral behavior, and diligent church attendance, etc. was not going to be sufficient payment for my sinful status. I also needed a redeemer and so through the faithful testimony of a friend, I got to know Jesus as my savior. I met Lourens at a youth gathering and after I completed my Bible school studies we got married and started this journey together.
I am Madeleen and am 22 years old. I don’t live with my parents anymore.
I am Naomi and I am 20 years old, and studying nursing in the US.
I am Marlou and am 17 years old, and going to school at our main support centre where I am also living in the dorm.
I am Liam and I’m 13 years old, and still living with my parents.
A Summery of our work as Church Planters
– We first learned the national language of PNG as well as worked on getting a basic understanding of the culture.
– We helped in a support ministry as part of the larger team and also to get an understanding of how support fits into the Church Development effort.
– We joined a team of missionaries and entered into a people group which had no translation and no clear Gospel Witness.
– We learned the language of the Mengen people and Culture.
– Our co workers developed a literacy program and we taught the people in our village to read and write.
– Our co workers completed a translation of the New Testament and some key Old Testament portions.
– We taught and discipled the Mengen people in our village the Gospel message from Creation to Christ, and then through key New Testament books.
2016 – current
– We moved onto our support centre to start working with the larger national church from different language groups on New Britain.
Take a look at our YouTube channel at – Laureti Youtube channel
Join us on Facebook at: https://www.facebook.com
1. In the word-by-word inspiration, sufficiency and final authority of the Holy Scriptures.
2. In one God, eternally existing in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
3. In the Lord Jesus Christ as true God and true man; His virgin birth, sinless humanity, vicarious death, bodily resurrection, present advocacy, and His personal, imminent, bodily return for His church.
4. In the fall of man, resulting in his complete and universal separation from God and his need for salvation.
5. That the Lord Jesus Christ shed His blood and died as a sacrifice for the sins of the whole world.
6. That salvation is a free and everlasting gift of God, entirely apart from works, received by personal faith in the Lord Jesus Christ.
7. That the Holy Spirit regenerates with divine life and personally indwells the believer upon his faith in Christ for salvation.
8. In the bodily resurrection of both the saved and the unsaved.
9. In the unending life of the saved with the Lord and the unending punishment of the unsaved.
Please contact us personally for a more detailed statement of faith.