|TUESDAY June 4, 2019|
|We moved to another mission center last week|
|The LONG and Short of it|
|Well, we are all settled in to our new house. I unpacked the last box today- and by unpack, of course I mean I shoved it in a closet because I’m sick of unpacking.|
In case you missed it, we just moved to a different mission center than the one we were living at. This is because this fall, I (Karissa) am going to be filling a much-needed role at the center school. I will be teaching 4th and 5th grade Reading, Writing, and Social Studies, as well as teaching ELL to some students coming new from Germany. Matt will continue to teach junior high Bible, and will start homeschooling Wyck in preschool. Ty will attend first grade at the center school, which is exciting for him, and terrifying for his mother, as I let my baby go a little more and grow up faster and faster.
Our goal is still to be church-planters in an unreached tribe, but while we wait for teammates, we want to serve the Lord with all our hearts in the roles we feel He would have us fill right now. They have never needed an ELL teacher at the school before, but they do this year, and, as that is my background, we feel that God may have us here for that purpose right now.
So far, the boys are enjoying being here, and having their own rooms in our new house. Karissa is getting involved with a women’s Bible Study and a floor hockey group. Matt continues to work at his maintenance/construction job, and his new skills came in handy as he built some furniture for our new home. Karissa continues to homeschool Ty, and is hoping to finish doing kindergarten with him later this month. Ty continues to enjoy playing with legos, lightsabers, and his little brother. Wyck enjoys chasing around our cats, learning how to climb trees, and playing with anything with wheels.
Please pray for us in this transition, that we can be wise in how to use our time, and glorify God in all we do.
Till all know,
Matt, Karissa, Ty, and Wyck
Us at our new house!Please Pray:
– That we can make new, good friends at this center
-That God would give us joy and peace as we learn to trust Him more and more
– That we would live each day with an eternal perspective
– Continue to pray for the work visa situation here
– For Ty and Karissa both to have good attitudes as they do homeschool this monthPraise God:
– For the work He is doing here in PNG, as many people are understanding the gospel for the first time
– That the boys seem to be adjusting well, even though they are not able to play with friends every day here like they could at our old center
– He is teaching us and growing us
– The house we ended up in seems to be the perfect fit for our family