|SATURDAY July 6, 2019|
Our Urgent Trip to Australia
The LONG and Short of it
So, guess what? We are in Australia.
About a week and a half ago, on a Wednesday, Matt had symptoms that appeared to be a TIA or mini stroke. Our clinic checked him out to make sure that all his vitals seemed ok, and advised us to get to Australia as soon as we could. So, we left on that Friday and arrived here on Saturday. We are glad that we did, because that afternoon Matt had another episode. We took him to the ER, where he was admitted and spent the weekend. They did a CT scan, an MRI, and various other tests, and that all showed that there is nothing wrong with Matt from a neurological standpoint- praise God! However they also did an echocardiogram, which revealed that Matt has a hole in his heart. So, he will do another procedure on Wednesday to get a better look at his heart so that we can know how big of a deal it is.
Please pray that the procedure (called a TEE) will go safely for Matt and that the hole in his heart would be the common, less serious type.
We know that Matt is in God’s hands, and that although this trip was a surprise to us, it was not to Him, and He cares about us.
This trip has been a significant unexpected expense. If you would like to give a gift to help us pay for our medical costs or plane tickets, that would be a huge blessing to us. You can give as you normally do, and drop us a note to let us know it is for this medical trip.
We are thankful for you all, and would really appreciate your prayers right now.
Till all know,
Matt, Karissa, Ty, and Wyck
– That Matt’s procedure goes smoothly on Wednesday
– That the hole in Matt’s heart will not be a big deal
– That our health insurance will reimburse some of our costs
– For our family as this is a stressful time
– That Matt has been feeling fine this week
– That Matt’s neurological tests were ok
– That Matt has been able to get in to various physicians fairly quickly
– That nothing escapes God’s control