We had just gotten back from the medical clinic. They had run some more tests on Matt and told us that we needed to get to Australia as soon as possible. I told my friend, a PNG citizen, about what was going on. She sought to encourage me by telling me, “God em i no longlong,” which means, “God isn’t crazy.” “He called you here to minister in PNG and He knows what He’s doing.”
This has been a difficult year. There have been many times where I have to admit I’ve wondered what God is doing. However, I know that He IS in control, and everything He does is good. So, even when things are hard, I know that “God em i no longlong.”
So, while we wait to see what God will do next, we continue to try to serve Him with our whole hearts where He has us. Matt continues to teach junior high Bible, and is going through an overview of the Bible with students. He has enjoyed showing them God’s hand at work throughout history and how even the Old Testament points to Jesus. I continue to teach ESL to some new students from Germany, and Reading, Writing, and Social Studies to 4th and 5th grade students. We are happy to be able to support tribal church planters through serving at the school. Matt and I not only teach children of church planters, but also of the doctors, pilots, helicopter mechanics, supply buyers, business office workers, and other support workers that enable church planters to keep doing their jobs in the bush. Without support workers, there could be no church planters. Without supporters back home, there could be no church planters or support workers. We are all a link in the chain that God is using to do His work. (Watch the attached video to see how helicopter pilots, for example, make a difference in the ministry of church planters.)
We are so thankful for your prayers and support.
Till all know,
Matt, Karissa, Ty, and Wyck
- A lot of people gave money to help us with medical expenses. (Thank you! We were very encouraged by your care for us!)
- Ty and Wyck have made some friends, which has made living on this new center better for them
- Even though it’s busy, Karissa is enjoying teaching
- Matt has been doing fine since being back from Australia
- Karissa is extremely busy with all of her teaching responsibilities. Pray for wisdom in how to balance work and home life.
- Wyck has had a hard time with this transition
- Karissa’s grandpa just had surgery. Pray for his healing and recovery.
- Karissa’s headaches have been worse lately