Who are the Unreached and what do we mean by that term? Here are some facts that might surprise you and should help answer that question (from the Joshua Project):
- Globally there are almost 2,600 people groups that total 199,000,000 individuals who do not have any Scripture, the Jesus film, or Christian recordings available in their primary language.
- There are 2,058,000,000 individuals who live in almost 5,000 people groups with very few, if any, believers.
- Some 65-70% of the world’s population live in religiously restrictive countries.
- Nearly one third (2.2 billion individuals) of the earth’s population reside in only 250 Least-Reached people groups.
- Southeast Asia has 600 languages (13,600,000 speakers) without scripture, Jesus film, Gospel recordings, or God’s Story video.
- Northeast Asia has the highest number of individuals practicing Animism (68,500,000), followed by East and Southern Africa (47,000,000).
- There are over 7,000 languages in the world.
These are very sobering statistics and we could share more. These millions of people who have not heard of Christ and who do not have any Scripture in their language are the Unreached! Help us reach these people with the Gospel of Christ! Pray for the Lord to send out more laborers to reach these people.