What an incredible send off Skiff Lake Bible Church gave us before we left for New Mexico. A mystery dinner, a wonderful crowd of saints, beautiful singing, many encouraging words and diligent prayer; our hearts were full of praise for days. Thank You LORD.
A few days later, many members of His Body gathered to help us empty the house and load the 16 ft. truck. In an amazing show of love, the house was empty in about 20 minutes, and the truck was ready within 90 minutes. Thank You LORD!
We finished cleaning and took off Tuesday. After 3 uneventful and yet exciting days, taking in many new sights once we passed Springfield, MO, we arrived in Albuquerque Thursday afternoon. Thank You LORD!
With Mike and Rachel’s help we emptied the truck by the next day, got everything stacked and stored in their garage and throughout nooks and crannys inside and started to get settled in. We’re so grateful for some time with them as we begin life in NM. Thank You LORD.
Within a few days, Shirley was sweeping the back porch and what does she find but this beauty! Dead, but still…kind of intimidating wouldn’t you say? We found out it is a type of scorpion, that eats bugs, not people. Somewhat of a relief. About 3″ in length total. God is very smart, creating something like this to control roaches. Thank You LORD…however, pretty scary to people.
So here we are…New Mexico residents. We would never have imagined NM would be on the list of places we would live on this planet. It has beauty for sure…the land of enchantment…we see why perhaps.
As we get acclimated, we would greatly appreciate your prayers for a few things:
- Unity as we get used to new living conditions.
- That we find a good church home; might have found one already!
- Wisdom for involvement in church.
- Wisdom and guidance as I try and connect with Pastors, Youth leaders and missions folks.
- All our moving expenses were covered by unexpected and generous gifts!!! PTL!
- Our move and transition went as well as we could have hoped! A sweet answer to prayer. Many folks have been praying for us; for that we are extremely grateful. We could not have asked God to do anything more or better. Thank You LORD for the Body of Christ!
- To God be the glory! Great things He has done!
Thanks for your time and prayers!