How did the sun stop?
Without a Biblical foundation, even in how we teach science, people with an animistic worldview grapple with how to explain that the Bible says the sun stopped (Joshua 10:12-13). An animistic worldview believes that spirits, or some unknown Force, controls all events on earth. Some people in Haiti believe that the sun “rays” are the Force that causes the earth to spin. So a Christian from this kind of animistic background can think that God told this “Force” to stop spinning the earth for a day. Christian schools here in Haiti need solid Biblical foundations in all areas of teaching.
We were encouraged this month when over 50 Master’s degree students asked to buy the 3-volume set in French, which was translated from Building on Firm Foundations. We are looking into getting up to 100 copies shipped here by next month, when the Master’s program picks up again. We ask for your prayers that they won’t get held up too long in customs.
We covet your prayers for the final proofing and printing of the Second Grade manuals & workbooks by this summer. We pray also that we will be able to supply a Creole Bible to each of the 330 grade 2 teachers who will be teaching this new curriculum next fall.
The renovations in the new apartment we will be moving in to have not exactly stopped, but are progressing quite slowly. We are still praying for skilled laborers to come help us, maybe some finish carpenters and other careful helpers to do painting throughout, so we can move in soon.
PRAISE GOD with us:
– For insights we are gleaning bit by bit into the culture and language here;
– for friends and contacts who help us be sensitive and thereby more able to be effective in our ministry;
– for health and strength to enjoy our service where He has placed us.
PRAY with us:
– For people to come help finish the construction of our new apartment on the Mission property, here;
– that we will find the right Haitian educators & artists to help us develop the Bible lessons for grades 3-6;
– for His daily encouragement in seeing progress in goals that He wants us to shoot for.
Together for the school children of Haiti,
Theo & Martha Enns
Unit 2019-BHM, 3170 Airmans Drive, Ft. Pierce, FL 34946
New Tribes Mission of Canada; Box 707; Durham, ON N0G 1RO; CANADA – http://canada.ntm.org
New Tribes Mission, Inc.; 1000 E. First St.; Sanford, FL 32771; USA.
Our personal email: email@example.com