Finding a routine in a new milieu is challenging!
We find there is always more than enough work to keep us busy, and we are asking God to give us His wisdom in setting right priorities. I have been able to set up an office corner in one of the BHM offices, and to pick up a routine for continuing the final revisions for the 2nd Grade Bible lessons. I am praising the Lord for the excellent help I have been getting from a Belgian lady here who is married to a Haitian man who works for the Haiti Bible Society. Martha too has been very busy helping the missionary ladies, especially while the director’s wife is gone for a month – and her help is being very much appreciated (right now they are preparing for a national Haitian pastor’s conference to start this week.)
We also are very thankful for how the Lord sent not just one but two finish carpenters to begin the work on the kitchen cupboards in our “new” apartment – which the BHM is remodeling for us. They were here for about a week, and got all the lower cabinets made and counter tops covered with Formica. A local carpenter is slowly working on finishing the cupboard doors for the kitchen, and then we will need to varnish or paint them, yet. We still need plumbing into the apartment, and the electricity finished; and a set of closets and dressers built into our master bedroom. Anyone else want to come to Haiti to help?
We have finally gotten a photo prayer card made, and have mailed them out to most of you, if we still had your street address. If you don’t receive one in the next week or so (snail mail only comes to us once a week), let us know your mailing address, and we will gladly send you a card to put on your fridge, or prayer wheel, or wherever. 🙂
PRAISE GOD with us:
– For our on-going adjustments to living & serving the Lord in Haiti;
– for progress in final revisions of the Second Grade Teachers manual for Haitian Bible classes;
– for good contacts with Haitian believers who also are burdened to effectively reach the school children of Haiti.
PRAY with us:
– For the construction work still needed in the apartment we are to live in here for the next couple years;
– to lead us to Haitian educators & artists who can help me develop the Bible curriculums for grades 3-6 (Teachers’ & students’ manuals);
– for the Lord’s wisdom in being good stewards of both our time and resources, within His priorities.
Together for the school children of Haiti,
Theo & Martha Enns
Unit 2019-BHM, 3170 Airmans Drive, Ft. Pierce, FL 34946
New Tribes Mission of Canada; Box 707; Durham, ON N0G 1RO; CANADA – http://canada.ntm.org
New Tribes Mission, Inc.; 1000 E. First St.; Sanford, FL 32771; USA.
Our personal e-mail address is: email@example.com