I will start writing the 3rd Grade Bible curriculum this month.
This will start a three-year series of chronological Bible lessons covering the historical events of creation, and significant Old Testament stories that lead up to and include the story of our Savor’s finished work as the Lamb of God – to be taught in grades 3, 4 and 5. There are about 67,000 children in the almost 400 church-schools connected to the Baptist Haiti Mission. And other schools around Haiti are also asking for this foundational Bible curriculum. But funding is always an issue, with the Teachers’ Manual costing about $25 (times 400 schools = $10,000) and the yearly, consumable students’ workbooks for 24,000 grade one & two children can only be reduced to about $13,500/year if we order a 5-year bulk printing. So pray with us that God will raise up a great crowd of “investors” in growing the next generation of Haitians for Christ.
One project that Martha and I are asking the Lord for personally, is to be able to provide a Creole Bible for each of the 330 grade Two teachers, at $9 each = $2,970. Some folks have already contributed to this project, and we would be glad to hear if you want to join us in meeting this need.
Meanwhile, I am planning how to make the grade 3 – 5 Student Books more like a textbook (instead of a consumable coloring book like we have done for grades 1 & 2.) So I am praying for Haitian educators and artists to team up with, as we progress through the Bible principles of who God revealed Himself to be, and how needy we humans are – for children in grade three, four and five. Lord willing, we will cover the Book of Acts and our security in Christ in grade six – setting the foundations for epistle teaching for the church as the children reach secondary education level.
PRAY with us:
– for funds to buy Creole Bibles for the 330 Grade Two teachers in the BHM church-schools of northern Haiti.
– for creative ideas in writing the Bible curriculum, with help from Haitian educators and artists, for the Third Grade Bible lessons;
– and for Martha’s ministry in the BHM self-help office- to be an encourager, even as her ministry gives accountability to local workers.
PRAISE GOD with us:
– for the completion of the Grade Two Bible lessons (now waiting to be printed and made available).
– for partners who work with us here, as well as those who uphold us in prayer and giving, as together we are “hastening the coming of” His return (2Peter 3:12 NKJV).
– for grace and enabling to serve Him in a very needy land.
Building solid foundations for schools in Haiti,
Theo & Martha Enns
Unit 2019-BHM, 3170 Airmans Drive, Ft. Pierce, FL 34946
New Tribes Mission of Canada; Box 707; Durham, ON N0G 1RO; CANADA – http://canada.ntm.org
New Tribes Mission, Inc.; 1000 E. First St.; Sanford, FL 32771; USA.