In Creole, they cry: “Lapli ! Lapli !” when it starts raining.
This means, “The rain! The rain!” When we got up this morning we looked at the thermometer, ‘cause we felt so cold, and it was down to 70 F. (21 C.) It has been raining a lot these days. But here on the mountain, at 4,318 ft. above sea-level, it is quite temperate: in the mid-70’s most of the time. What an added blessing, while we serve the Lord here in Haiti! The old hymn says, “Mercy drops ‘round us are falling, But for the showers we plead.” We are so thankful for the open door to develop a Bible curriculum to be taught in the elementary schools of Haiti. And we ask you to continue praying with us that even more doors will open. Baptist Haiti Mission has over 350 schools, serving over 67,000 elementary students. But other Christian schools and missions in Haiti are also searching for a Bible curriculum in French and Creole – and we pray God will open up even public schools here in Haiti to use these foundational Bible lessons for their religious education. Let’s pray together for more Bible “showers”: Lapli, Lord! Lapli!
Martha and I will be taking a very short trip to Alabama, October 19 – November 2, to consolidate our Permanent Resident status there, and to squeeze in some supplying buying, needed visits to doctors and dentist, and at least one side trip. So we’d appreciate your prayers for His leading in the planning of each detail.
PRAY with us:
– for the on-going development of the Grade Three Bible curriculum in French and Creole, for schools of Haiti.
– for God to lead us to the right Haitian educators and artists, to help make these foundational Bible lessons fun & relevant for gr.3 students.
– for the Haitian church to keep growing and helping open doors for the meaningful development of their people, spiritually most of all.
PRAISE GOD with us:
– that we have received enough designated funds to buy 186 Creole Bibles (towards one for each of the 330 BHM grade Two teachers.)
– that we’ve met some good contacts among Haitian educators who value the development of a Bible curriculum for elementary students.
– for enabling Martha to be an on-going encourager in the BHM self-help office.
Helping to lay solid foundations in schools in Haiti,
Theo & Martha Enns
Unit 2019-BHM, 3170 Airmans Drive, Ft. Pierce, FL 34946
New Tribes Mission of Canada; Box 707; Durham, ON N0G 1RO; CANADA – http://canada.ntm.org
New Tribes Mission, Inc.; 1000 E. First St.; Sanford, FL 32771; USA.
Our personal e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org