We drove to Canada in October.
No, we didn’t drive from Haiti – we flew to Atlanta, were picked up by great Alabama friends, and stayed a few days in our home with Crystal (who is a precious house-sitter for us.) We enjoyed seeing friends at church, a Ladies meeting, Celebrate Recovery, prayer & Bible study, and several Men’s Dawn Prayer Meetings. We did drive to Martha’s cousin in Ohio, and then into Ontario to spend a great (but too short) weekend with our youngest son & daughter-in-love.
Back in Alabama we saw others (even doctors, dentists & hair dressers), several department stores, and then packed frantically for our return to Haiti Nov.2nd. PTL for travel mercies all the way!
Martha is holding-the-fort at the Mountain Maid Self-Help office here, while her missionary “team leader” is now in the States for the month. I am back to strict daily goals to whittle away at writing the French & Creole Bible curriculum for Grade 3. We will be teaching through the Old Testament and Life of Christ in three years: grades 3 – 5. I am using the same basic outline that I translated into French for the West African church-planting series, but am asking God for creativity in making these lessons interesting and grade-appropriate for the culture of the Haitian children.
PRAY with us:
– for a team of experienced Haitian school teachers and creative proof-readers and artists to join me, especially for the workbook activities.
– for health and stamina in meeting daily goals, while being available for people needs all around us.
– for Martha in her office work, while seeking to be an encouragement to the Haitian employees in the Self-Help ministries.
PRAISE GOD with us:
– that we have now been given funds to buy 193 of the needed 330 Creole Bibles for our BHM Grade Two teachers.
– for safety and refreshing change during our 2-week trip to the States & Canada.
– for open doors to present Bible teaching in the schools of Haiti (‘wanna get in on the blessing?).
Preparing solid Biblical foundations for schools in Haiti,
Theo & Martha Enns
Unit 2019-BHM, 3170 Airmans Drive, Ft. Pierce, FL 34946
New Tribes Mission of Canada; Box 707; Durham, ON N0G 1RO; CANADA – http://canada.ntm.org
New Tribes Mission, Inc.; 1000 E. First St.; Sanford, FL 32771; USA.
Our personal e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org