Our 40th wedding anniversary was December 22nd !
Where were we just over 40 years ago? We were having a 3-week Christmas break, while we were students at the New Tribes Mission of Canada training center in Durham, Ontario. We got married in my grandmother’s church (which became our home church), since my parents were serving with NTMC in Brazil. Martha’s parents, serving with NTM in Michigan, came up for the wedding. Since then … we finished NTM missionary training, and served in Senegal and Côte d’Ivoire (West Africa) for almost 25 years, and eventually were asked to help write a Bible curriculum for grades 1–6 by the Baptist Haiti Mission. So our Ruby anniversary found us on a Caribbean Island, still glad to be a part of working in the “fields that are white unto harvest.” My ministry involves writing a Teachers’ Guide for each grade in French, and then getting the Bible stories translated into Creole. We will also need to develop the student workbooks to accompany each lesson. Martha’s ministry is helping in the office of the BHM Self-Help Ministries. Haiti is still going through a lot of transition – not just because of the January 2010 earthquake, although re-building continues – but also the church of Haiti is learning how to be less reliant on the charities of the West.
So PRAY with us:
– As the missionaries here also adjust to serving an increasingly autonomous Haitian church;
– As Martha seeks to have an impact on employees and customers at the Self-Help gift shop and Tea Terrace;
– As Theo seeks to write clear, simple and accurate Bible stories for the Grade 3 curriculum.
Continue to uphold our previous prayer requests of:
– The building up of a team of Haitian educators to help me develop the student Bible workbooks;
– The funds still needed to provide a Creole Bible to each of the 350 BHM grade 2 teachers;
But also PRAISE the Lord with us:
– For health and strength to serve the Lord together (will He tarry another 40 years?);
– For new missionary staff families who are joining BHM in this New Year; and…
– For God’s longsuffering, as many people-groups/language-groups still need to hear of God’s Way of salvation, before it’s too late.
Gladly serving Him together,
Theo & Martha Enns
Unit 2019-BHM, 3170 Airmans Drive, Ft. Pierce, FL 34946
Our personal e-mail: email@example.com
New Tribes Mission of Canada; Box 707; Durham, ON N0G 1RO; CANADA – http://canada.ntm.org
New Tribes Mission, Inc.; 1000 E. First St.; Sanford, FL 32771; USA.