Hi from the mountains of Haiti,
We got back to the Baptist Haiti Mission (BHM) campus last month. As we look ahead to the next few years of ministry, we’d like to share our dreams and ask for your prayers about them. Our original goal of being able to develop a chronological Bible curriculum for the 350 BHM schools in two years now needs to be expanded. Our new dream, to be able to finish this project effectively, could take another 7-8 years. We are now feeling like we need to:
- …do the project in Creole, not mostly in French as was originally projected;
- …develop a thru-the-Bible set of Manuals and Student textbooks for grades 3–9;
- …print a new Student version Creole Bible for 6th graders to use with their textbooks.
This dream would take thousands of dollars to complete, and that’s why we are asking for your prayers. Please pray with us that God will direct many more of His people to partner with us seeing this dream come true. New Tribes Mission has set up project accounts both in Canada and the USA for anyone wishing to donate to this Haitian Creole Bible project. As we develop the Bible class manuals year by year, grades 3–5 will be taught the OT stories and the Life of Christ. Grade 6 will get a review of the OT and the Book of Acts – the year we want to give them Student Bibles to learn to use. Then grades 7-9 could become an overview of the Epistles and Revelations. Will you help us get the word out, so this dream can become a reality?
Donations can be made to New Tribes Mission, Inc. or New Tribes Mission of Canada – with a note attached separately stating that it is for the “Haitian Creole Bible project”. There are also online options and banking options explained on both official NTM web sites, listed below. Anyone participating at $20.85 a month over the next 4 years would enable us to develop this curriculum for about 300 students – of the 68,000 students the BHM schools teach every year. Please contact us if you’d like a direct link to this Haitian Creole Bible project, or more details on the break-down of this project.
Pray with us:
- For creative ideas and Haitian educator partners to help us be effective reaching these grade school students with God’s Truth;
- For financial partners to join us so that this Bible curriculum can get developed as an educational sound tool for the schools in Haiti;
- For the new church-plant outreach in a mountain village that Martha and I are participating in on the weekends.
Praise God with us:
- For giving us dreams which are bigger than ourselves, to help build His church in Haiti;
- For those God has already raised up to support us and our ministry dreams;
- For health and enabling as we share God’s Word to needy people and children of Haiti.
Dreaming for the next generation in Haiti,
Theo & Martha Enns
New Tribes Mission of Canada; Box 707; Durham, ON N0G 1RO – http://canada.ntm.org
New Tribes Mission, Inc.; 1000 E. First St.; Sanford, FL 32771; USA – www.ntm.org/give
Our e-mail is: firstname.lastname@example.org
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.