Greetings again from Haiti,
The outreach church Martha and I have been attending on the mountain, across the valley from the Baptist Haiti Mission campus, wants to have revival meetings in November, and asked me to help them prepare to do door-to-door evangelism in their area this month. So I prepared a tract in Creole that dealt specifically with the contrast between the fear they live under from the spirits [« Satan fè pè ».], and the peace God offers through new birth [« Bondye bay pè ».] The Creole language uses the same word for fear or peace, but the Good News is that there’s an eternal difference ! Only two of the homes in the hamlet of Boudon come to this church, and others walk in from farther up and down the mountain to help establish this outreach.
As we mentioned in our August letter, we will be changing our ministry location this month, flying to Florida on October 23rd. We will be able to visit several of my brothers and sisters over the next few weeks, before driving to Ontario to meet residence requirements there for at least 6 months. We also look forward to taking my mom in to live with us after next summer. We covet your prayers through this transition, that we might:
– find Haitian Creole-speakers (while in North America) to help us continue developing the Bible curriculum for grades 3 – 9;
– for funds to develop & print this Haiti curriculum and student Creole Bible;
– for the Boudon believers to be effective in reaching their mountain for the Lord.
You can thank God with us, for:
– a friend who sold us a van – excellent for our travels ;
– the almost 3 years we have had serving in Haiti, and learning Creole;
– the anticipation of continuing this Creole through-the-Bible school curriculum, even from Canada and the States.
Where He leads us, we will follow,
Theo & Martha Enns
Our phone after Oct.23rd: 256-601-9765
New Tribes Mission of Canada; Box 707; Durham, ON N0G 1RO – http://canada.ntm.org
New Tribes Mission, Inc.; 1000 E. First St.; Sanford, FL 32771; USA – www.ntm.org/give
Our e-mail is: firstname.lastname@example.org .