Hello from Rainsville, Alabama,
Last December we mentioned God leading the wise men home “by another way” – not knowing how prophetic that would be to our own ministry. We left Haiti thinking we were going to continue working on the Creole Bible curriculum from America, after our 6 months in Canada.
- Then New Tribes Mission of Canada asked us to consider re-joining the West Africa field team, since they needed training material translated into French for the new missionary training program for Africans.
- So after much prayer, we agreed to take on this new ministry of French translation, and not pursue the Creole-language project for Haiti.
- The West African leadership team asked if I could go to Senegal for the month of August to better understand the new project and to reconnect with the team there. (We first went to Senegal in July 1980.)
- We considered moving to Idaho to live closer to our daughter and family – which would be a help in caring for my mom in our home.
- But our house in Alabama didn’t sell, and so we felt the Lord was leading us to stay in AL. We want to do a little re-modeling in her bedroom and bathroom before my mom comes to move in with us.
So our ministry continues “by another way” rather than by our original plans and projections. We will still be serving under New Tribes Mission, though now in an itinerant ministry for NTM’s training of Africans in French West Africa.
Do praise the Lord with us, for:
– His guidance, one step at a time, from Haiti to Canada to USA;
– this opportunity to serve Africa from our home in Alabama;
– health and God’s enabling to do what He asks us to do each day.
And continue praying with us, for:
– wisdom and provision for renovating our home this summer;
– safety and insight as Theo travels to Senegal August 3-31;
– Martha at home, preparing for Mom Enns’ moving in with us in September.
Serving by His grace,
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.