Us and Our Ministry
This is where we believe that God is directing us to be missionaries.
It’s an incredibly diverse country with approximately 750 different language/people groups.
More than 250 of those language groups don’t have any access to God’s Word or the Gospel in their own language. The Bible isn’t translated for them and there is no church or believers to tell the rest of the group about Christ. They will all live and die without ever hearing about what Jesus did for them unless someone goes to tell them.
The process for us to reach one of these people groups will include…
- Move to Asia-Pacific in March of 2020 – This is our goal, dependent on if the Lord provides the needed support.
- 2 years of learning the national language and culture (Bahasa) to be able to function well within the country and have a bridge language between us and the tribal people who do speak some of it.
- Decide on and move to one of the 3 regions of the country that Ethnos360 works in.
- Decide on and work to be invited in to one of those 250 totally unreached people groups.
- Several levels of permissions and invitations are necessary to be able to move in.
- Move in to the tribal location and learn their unique language and culture.
- Usually includes building a house
- Use what we’ve learned to teach through the Bible and begin making disciples.
- Teach literacy courses.
- Translate the Bible into their language.
- The Goal: To leave a self-sustaining and maturing church that is equipped to reach the rest of their language group with the Gospel.
Why do we want to be a part of Church Planting and Bible Translation on the other side of the world?
We were both raised in South America, in missionary families who were part of church planting efforts among unreached people groups who had no access to God’s Word in their own language. Through that experience we saw first-hand the incredible spiritual darkness that kept those people blinded by Satan. With no one to tell them otherwise, their only choice was to believe lies. It wasn’t until believers went to them and learned their language and culture that they were able to be taught the truth from God’s Word. We were privileged to see how the Gospel transformed their lives, setting them free and bringing them into an eternal relationship with their Creator.
Now as adults we know that of the 6,500 language groups in the world today, there are still approximately 2,500 who have no access to God’s Word in their heart language. That means that those people will live and die without ever even hearing about what Jesus did for them. Because we believe there’s no greater thing worth living for, we desire to be a part of one of those groups hearing the Truth and having the chance to begin a relationship with Christ.
In light of that, we’ve invested 3.5 years into training with Ethnos360. We studied the Bible and cross-cultural missions, learning from experienced missionaries along the way. The process of learning unique languages and cultures, building relationships, planting churches, making disciples, and translating God’s Word is a long term commitment but totally worth it.
Romans 10:14-15 says “And how are they to believe in him of whom they have never heard? And how are they to hear without someone preaching? And how are they to preach unless they are sent?”
God gives this seemingly impossible task to the church so that it is clear that only by HIS strength will the world hear. God loves to use the weak to accomplish great things, therefore, we’re willing to go; but we need the Body of Christ to send us to the Asia-Pacific region.