Thank you to everyone who prayed for us as we were in the process of buying tickets! God provided what was needed and we think we landed a good itinerary. (Of course ‘good‘ is relative when you’re talking about 36 hours of travel time!…) Our departure is scheduled for mid-March.
The best part of it all is that we get to fly with our close friends who are starting this whole journey right alongside us! We were able to schedule all of our flights together with the help of a family member who is a travel agent. The traveling will come with its challenges but we’re thankful to be in it together with the Lord and our friends.
We can make our plans, but the LORD determines our steps.– Proverbs 16:9
Now we’re beginning to face the challenge of figuring out how to get our lives down to (hopefully!) five 50-pound checked bags. We’ll be able to get much of what we need right in-country, which thankfully eliminates having to pack many of the basics of daily life.
As much as we would have liked to visit everyone one more time before leaving, we have decided to stay put in Pennsylvania because our little family needs some ‘settled’ time. There are also many preparations left to do which would be difficult (or impossible) to accomplish on the road. As we look towards the hard goodbyes ahead of us, we are thankful to have a God who is constant, unchanging, and never leaves us.
- For God’s amazing provision of our partnership team!
- That we were able to buy tickets and have an official departure date.
- For God’s Son – a gift too wonderful for words! – 2 Corinthians 9:15
- For our health as we prepare to leave in March.
- For wisdom in preparations and decisions as leaving approaches.
- For our growth in the knowledge of God–both individually and as a family.
- For the last 21% of our support goal to come in.