We are finished!! Friday night was the graduation for our five students as well as the Bible School students. Over 300 people attended the graduation ceremony! Sadly Lluvia and Maria have already left the Ranch and are on their way home. Vicente & Erendira, and Vanessa & Luis will be staying in Chihuahua for the next few months working on raising their financial support.
I’m so thankful for the time with these five missionaries! We worked very hard and are so thankful to have finished well these two years of training. Lluvia is wanting to head to South Asia but will need to work on her English first. Vicente & Erendira will be moving to his hometown and working with his family and the Guarijio people. Luis & Vanessa are heading towards Tanzania and hope to arrive there in January after working on English and raising more support. Maria isn’t quite sure what she wants to do and will need to discuss her options with her home church in Honduras.
Here are two recent articles that were written about Vicente:
Our two trips to the mountains in April went very well. The first trip’s purpose was to check the students work and then encourage them in practical ways to make improvements. We spent time visiting with the students and their language helpers.
Our second trip was at the end of the five weeks and the purpose was to give language evaluations. The students worked so hard during this time, and in spite of sickness, lack of water, difficulties, etc. they learned so much which came out during the evaluations. They did wonderful work!
Thanks for praying for my driving to the tribe! I did awesomely and wasn’t tired by the time I got there. Unfortunately, I got very sick to my stomach and wasn’t able to drive home because I didn’t have the strength. Actually, I got very sick both times I visited the tribe and had to stay very close to the outhouse. I did recover after each time and hopefully, I don’t sick like that for a while.
Summer Plans :: Two-month furlough
Starting tomorrow, I’ll be leaving Chihuahua and heading to Oregon to spend the summer with my family, friends, visit churches, and supporters! I’m so excited for this opportunity to head to my parents’ and spend the summer fishing, BBQing, visiting with family and friends, and whatever else happens while I’m there.
Please pray for the three-day drive north to Baker City, Oregon. It’s been a while since I’ve had a three-day road trip. Thankfully I have a fellow missionary friend heading up with me so we can share the driving. The Escape has been inspected by the brake guy (and new brakes lines put in), suspension people, and air conditioning people, so hopefully, there will be no problems on the way north.
I so look forward to seeing as many people as I possibly can in the next 9 weeks. These are the churches I’ll be sharing while I’m in Oregon: Calvary Baptist Church (Baker City, OR), McEwen Bible Fellowship (McEwen, OR), Camas Creek Bible Fellowship (Ukiah, OR), Pine Baptist Church (Halfway, OR), and Condon Baptist Church (Condon, OR). If you are interested in finding out what the dates that I’ll be sharing near you, please e-mail me and I’ll let you know.
I plan to be back in Chihuahua at the beginning of August to get ready to start a week of Orientation and then classes!
– We all finished well these two years! And now we have graduates ready to serve as missionaries!
– my health insurance has helped pay a portion of my recent surgery bills (I only have a little bit left to pay!)Prayer Requests ::
– for our students as they look for prayer and financial support and prepare to serve as tribal missionaries
– our next set of students coming in August. Currently, we have 3 single girls and an interested family. Please be praying for more Latinos to become interested in serving as missionaries!!
– Brenda – I’ve started teaching the chronological Bible lessons to her. She has lots of questions and some recent traumatic events in her life have opened her up to hear about Jesus! We have to stop for the summer, but when I come back I’m hoping we can keep going.
– my road trip to Oregon and 2-month furlough. That it will be a refreshing time for me and also a good time to reconnect with everyone!
I’m looking forward to this summer in green, cooler Oregon! Can’t wait to see as many people as possible!!