August 2016 Heckman’s Happenings
Dear Friends and Family,
Thanks so much for your prayers and support for our work here in NTM. We are thankful to the Lord for you, and want you to know you are appreciated! We couldn’t be here without you!
We had our family reunion the first week of August in Michigan. We had a great time with all the kids and grandkids, plus George’s mom and Dad. (We just missed Cody! He is in flight training and couldn’t leave Washington.)
Amy has the group pictures has them on her facebook site, I have shared some to my site as well in Facebook.
Amy and Hector and boys are plenty busy now at the MTC where Hector is in training and she is working in Childcare.
Our road trip was safe and other than locking keys in the car once, it was uneventful. Beka planned things so everyone got to do their “special” things at the Lake. We had a sharing time each day, when the fellows (sons and sons-in-laws) took turn sharing from God’s Word. These were special bonding times.
Now we are back in Florida and playing “catch up”! Our work at NTM continues as we help our members with a variety of needs. It is a blessing to have a part in serving the body of Christ within NTM. We trust that we will be useful tools in the hands of our Father in Heaven. We trust Him for His direction, and provisions as we walk with Him and share His word with others. It was so nice to be back in our church here. It is exciting to see growth happening there, too!
We trust we will be able to move our offices to the new NTM Towers building in Sanford in the next few months. They are finalizing the parts that need to be done before we move. Our department offices will be on the fourth floor. That is just one of the many changes that are talking place in our offices.
We have many personnel needs here in the different departments at the Home offices as well as at NTM Homes. We need a nurse to work in the Assisted Living facility at the NTM Homes, as well as other key positions throughout the mission. Pray that God will raise up laborers for His work. Without the support structure behind our “front line” missionaries, they could not stay on the field. We are so thankful the Gospel is going out. Many indigenous groups of people are hearing and understanding God’s word. What a privilege to be a part! You are a part as well. Thank you for your prayers and encouragement.
I’ll close with a our heartfelt thanks for the part you have in our ministries.
Phillipians 1:3-6 “3 I thank my God in all my remembrance of you, 4 always in every prayer of mine for you all making my prayer with joy, 5 because of your partnership in the gospel from the first day until now. 6 And I am sure of this, that he who began a good work in you will bring it to completion at the day of Jesus Christ.”
Let us know how we can pray for you!
George and Linda Heckman
1. Tim and Charity moving to Florida in September; jobs & housing. They just sold one of their vehicles. Pray for guidance for them.
2. Amy and Hector in new roles at MTC. Provision & strength. Hector is loving the training.
3. Brett and Debby & family visiting supporters until September-then back to ministry in Nicaragua. God provided for them to take the kids to Disney yesterday. Great fun!!! Chloe and Lily are the perfect age for that to be very exciting!!
health and strength for Brett and Debby as they return to Nicaragua Sept 1.
4. David and Joice-direction as they serve in Baker City, and walk with the Lord.
5. Beka & Cody-the right job or jobs for Beka; Cody in flight school.
6. George and Linda wisdom. We trust Him for wisdom in our decisions, and direction as we walk with Him. George’s Sunday School class in in Ephesians, and The music ministry is going well. We will start work on our Christmas presentation with the Choir next month!