The Training Has Begun!
We are now two days into the training and it is going great. Joel has taught one class each day and has felt like they both went well. We are excited for this month and know that God is at work!
Surviving On the Other End
On the home front it is not easy, but we are surviving. We definitely can’t wait until Joel is back! There are always unexpected surprises to life here in Africa. This week it included a bakers strike and an ant bite that caused my foot to swell. There is never a dull moment, but we continue to make it through each day.
My Tips on Surviving in Africa as a Single Parent
- Buy a Box of Cereal – For one week the 30 minutes of extra sleep is worth the cost.
- Have Extra Stock of Coke on Hand – For the moments that you just need to cool off.
- Throw away your “To Do List” – Or at least cut it in half –Come on lets be realistic!
- Be ready to apologize for moments of impatience – Sometimes it is just better to admit that we are not in our best form
- Pray, Pray, Pray! – These are the moments we know we can’t make it on our own strength.