January 2022 to now
As we started the new year with aspirations to produce a year-end video and give you a glimpse at what was coming next, we ended up hobbling along with some sickness and then needed to dive into our first video shoot of the year, a weeklong shoot with two instructors. Then, things got interesting.
By the end of the week of that video shoot, it was clear that a bunch of us were Covid positive. After almost two full years of carefully avoiding it, we were visited by the pandemic in a personal way. Even one of the two instructors who was a part of the video shoot (and staying with us) came down with it. And so, with Bethany at the helm of caregiving, we managed our way through a week of mild to sometimes moderate symptoms before the last holdouts, Bethany and Lynn, both came down with it. All told we were down for most of a month with it. But we are grateful for God’s mercies towards Kate and Jack who we were most concerned about getting it. While they both had plenty of symptoms, neither were in danger of hospitalization.
That time with Covid meant that we had to miss one of our scheduled video shoots. But the Lord, again provided through our Team, and one of our Equip Asia teammates who recently moved to the area was able to step in and seamlessly lead the video shoot.
Thankfully, we’re all back on our feet now and from a ministry standpoint, eyeing the completion of the two core years of the training program we’ve been a part of building. We’ve just two more courses to record and edit before we can look back on the work and evaluate. That means that we’re about to “graduate” a group of around 45 students in multiple Asian countries, praying that the Lord will continue to take this training and produce fruit in them and their ministries. In some cases, we are hearing of students who are already making plans to replicate this training in their language and extend its reach!
Time to wrap it up
So, I’ll let you off the hook now. If you’re kept up this far, I applaud you. I’ll just share some intentional prayer requests with you and a song that I found myself close to tears over every time I heard it, this past year. I’ll put a link for it below the prayer requests.
We are grateful for you and appreciate your faithful generosity in giving your resources of time and finances to enable the ministry and life we have!
Ways to Pray For Us:
– The Father provided in special and faithful regular ways for all our needs in 2021 and we were able to finish the year well
– We’ve been privileged to watch two big groups of students progress and persevere through the online training program we’re a part of
– We’ve been walking and worshipping with a house church over the past few months and have enjoyed fellowship unlike any other in a long time
– For continued good health through variants, cold and flu season, and in-person school
– For the chance in 2022 for some of our training team to be able to travel overseas to conduct some in-person intensive courses with our students. We had to postpone trips set January, due to the new variant of Covid.
– For continued grace as we are giving care to Bethany’s Mom