In the past weeks, God has just AMAZED us by how faithfully he has answered our prayers. Isn’t it funny how we are surprised when God does what he promises to do all along? He promises to take care of his sheep, to provide for our needs, and to shower us with his unfailing love… and he certainly showed us all of that very clearly during this time of preparing to move to Missouri.
In mid-June, we started praying for some specific things:
1. To find a midwife to deliver our baby (the last-resort plan would have been to have John and Google do it… not quite ideal :)! )
2. For financial support
3. For one of the newer apartments on campus (which would mean A/C, own laundry, and own shower, which the older units don’t have)
Does anyone want to hear how amazingly faithful God is to answer prayers??? Here’s what happened the same week we started praying:
1. THURSDAY: One of the midwives I had contacted called back and it was instantly clear that she was it! Well, she is the only one I’ve contacted who actually covers the area we’ll be in and who is not booked out for the year yet… BUT she also has 30 years of experience, Christian background, and several options on where to deliver! HUGE PRAISE!!! And John is relieved he doesn’t have to take a crash course in childbirth 🙂
2. FRIDAY: We got an unexpected call from dear friends who said that they wanted to help out financially. Little did we know that they ended up blessing us beyond our imagination with money that now means that our first semester is already paid in full!!!
3. MONDAY: We got an email saying that we were assigned one of the newer apartment units! YIPPEEE! I have to say I’m very thankful for the luxuries that come with that assignment, especially with raising two messy boys (not talking about John, by the way 🙂 ).
We are overwhelmed and thankful!
So here’s a quick update on our financial situation:
Tuition for our first semester ($6,512): PAID IN FULL! All money sent in to go toward our school bill now will be used for books, childcare, and our next semester.
Monthly support (goal: $1000): So far, we have about $180 in donation commitments per month with some more coming in, so we’re not exactly sure how much more we’ll need quite yet.
IMPORTANT TAX INFORMATION: New Tribes DOES NOT send out tax receipts because we are not officially NTM members yet (and won’t be until after our schooling is done and we decide to join the organization). So the only way to get a tax receipt is to give through Nine Mile Falls Community Church! They will then forward the money to the school or us.