It’s hard to believe, but our little baby boy is not such a little baby boy anymore! Judah will be 18 months old in a couple of days and will be a big brother in just a couple of short months…crazy! So I thought it’s definitely time for a Judah update:
– SKINNY! He’s average height for his age but below 5th percentile for weight, despite all the chocolate cake and M&M’s I feed him… (just kidding)
– SLEEPY! He usually sleeps from 7PM-7AM and still takes 2 naps most days. Once he starts daycare, he’ll have to skip his morning nap and go down to 1 nap a day.
– TALKATIVE! He’s definitely a talker (and we all know where he got that from 🙂 )! He usually just babbles in his own baby talk (which actually sounds more like Chinese than anything), but seems to be handling his bilingual upbringing very well. He understands more in German and says a lot of German words that I prompt him with (auf, zu, hoch, mehr, baden, Buch, Ball, nein, malen, Tante, Wasser…), but when he’s just saying things on his own it sounds more English (What’s that?, up/down…). He also tries to say anything we ask him to say, which is quite entertaining (my favorite is “quesadilla” and “Tante Cori”, which sounds like “Dade Dodo”).
– INQUISITIVE! His favorite new thing to say is “What’s that?” — all the time. Seriously, all the time. Whenever we look at books, he says “What’s that” about every 1 1/2 seconds and points at the same thing over and over again (although he knows very well what a lion looks like).
– ORGANIZED! He likes details and seems to be pretty organized (and we also all know where he got that from 🙂 ). When he lines up his bath toys, they all face the same direction, and when I give him crayons to color he prefers putting them all back into the box rather than coloring with them.
– HIS LION! Still his favorite friend in the world. Or friends. We bought a back-up lion just in case and Judah discovered both and was so excited to have 2! Now they talk to each other and give each other kisses.
– TELEPHONES! He puts anything that even remotely resembles a telephone to his ear and starts babbling. He even pauses, laughs, and says bye when he’s done.
– BLUEBERRIES! When he wakes up he first asks for me (“Mama?Mama?”) and then for blueberries (“Baba?Baba?”).
– BUILDING TOWERS! He stacks everything he can find…cups, animals, shoes…
– FRUIT! If I let him eat fruit all day long, he would! His favorites (besides blueberries) are watermelon, peaches, and grapes. He seriously is a vegetarian in the making (he refuses all meat but breakfast sausages). I know one particular aunt would really like a vegetarian nephew 😉
– VEGGIE TALES! Or anything we let him watch, really. He gets super excited when we let him watch something on the laptop and is transfixed for at least 30 minutes. He even likes just going through our DVD’s and looking at all the covers over and over again.
– NATURE! He looooooooooves going outside, finding huge sticks, playing in puddles (the muddier the better), helping Daddy with the sprinklers, looking at birds (“Woooow!”), picking flowers, chasing ants, yelling at the trees, playing hide-and-seek, getting soaked in his kiddy pool…
– GRANDMA D’s PICKLES! Our Grandma D makes the best pickles in the world, and to my great disappointment, I have to share them with Judah. He seriously eats 4 or 5 of them in one sitting, which is A LOT for my picky eater!
– MUSIC! He claps, dances, and sings along during worship in church, in the car with the radio, and with his toys that make music. His name does mean “praise” :)!
We sure love our little big boy and are thankful every day for him in our lives! Lots of things are going to change for Judah over the rest of the year, and we’re excited to see how he will grow and learn through daycare, through moving to a different place, and through becoming a big brother!