Today, 29 years ago, on July 22, little Johnnyboy was born into this world. Little did he know what this life would have in store for him, and little did I know that I would play a part in it. Now with 11 years of dating, almost 7 years of marriage & 2 kids, I truly cannot imagine life without him. So for his 29th BIRTHDAY, I wanted to share with you, dear reader, 29 things that I (and I know many other people) love about John Dean Anyan!
1. I love his heart of compassion for others
2. I love that he makes up random spellings for names when he isn’t sure how to spell them (that’s a linguist in the making!)
3. I love that he loves to read
4. I love that he turned into quite the barista (or whatever a male barista is called…baristo?) with our Aeropress coffee maker
5. I love that he talks nonsense in his sleep and doesn’t remember anything when he wakes up
6. I love that he makes up super random nicknames for everyone (current favorites are “taco” for Judah and “enchilada” for me)
7. I love that he tells me he loves me every day
8. I love that he diligently spends time with God each morning
9. I love that he’s such a hard worker, even if (and especially when) it’s frustrating or humbling work
10. I love that he’s a Lord of the Rings nerd
11. I love that he is a man who constantly wants to grow as a husband, father, pastor, son, friend, child of God…
12. I love that he can try out pretty much an sport and actually be good at it (okay, sometimes I get really jealous about it, but I really do love it deep down inside)
13. I love that he is not a picky eater and puts up with my culinary experiments (only exception: chocolate chip cookies! Thanks to Jackie, I finally found a recipe that actually meets his high chocolate chip cookie expectations)
14. I love that he makes up random songs about people
15. I love that he loves to play with Judah (one of my favorite things to do is watch the two of them giggle and laugh!)
16. I love that he started using a planner! Beaver points 🙂
17. I love that he cries more during movies than I do (some exceptions do happen when I’m pregnant)
18. I love that he is a talker
19. I love that he loves to spend time with his family and still takes me out on coffee dates
20. I love his bald head :)!
21. I love that he is a mentor, counselor, teacher, and good friend to so many
22. I love that he is 29 but can still do a whoooole lot of push ups!
23. I love that he constantly wants to improve his German so we can teach the language to our boys
24. I love his biiiiiiiiig heart for children
25. I love that he is so close to his parents and brothers
26. I love that he gets me cereal in the middle of the night when I’m pregnant and hungry
27. I love that he rides his bike to work even in 90 degree weather just so I can have the car for the day
28. I love that he wants to serve God with his whole life and lead our little family down the right path
29. I love that he has a heart full of joy, love, compassion, and a healthy portion of silliness 🙂
HAPPY BIRTHDAY, JOHN!!! We love you more than a million reasons could ever express!