News from the village:
In North America, people think of a zip line as something to do for fun. In the village, Ron has been working together with some of the men on a zip line that will help them cross the river when it is flooded. We have had different bridges in the past but all eventually washed away. Please pray that this will be a lasting blessing for the village.
News from Florida:
Lance continues to work on translation of 1Kings. The recent purchase of Bible Works software has made his job a little easier.
We are planning our next trip to the village and we would like to have 1&2Kings ready for initial checking. Ron also wants to do the final checking of Joshua and Psalms while we are there. Lots to trust the Lord for to see all this accomplished.
Two years ago, we took the SYIS workshop. (Strengthening Your Interpersonal Skills) We are scheduled to take it again this coming week. We need you to pray for us to have open and teachable hearts and make the things we learn a lifelong habit. We will share more with you about this in our next update.
- For strength for Ron and Michelle.
- For committed laborers. We mentioned in previous updates that 8 villages are asking for someone to come teach them. Of course this is what we should be praying for the whole world! Many have yet to hear the good news of Christ’s death for them.
- For our plans to return to the Philippines in February. We are planning another 4 month stay. Pray for the ongoing translation of the Old Testament in Higaunon.
- For those we have shared the gospel with locally. Pray they get saved!
- For the SYIS workshop this coming week.
Yes, lots to trust Him for but He is able! Amen?
Thanks to each of you who pray for us and give to this ministry. We and the Higaunon appreciate you.
Secure in Christ’s love,
Lance and Laura