First of all, thank you so much for praying for us over this past month. We have seen God at work in our lives and we are very thankful for all He is doing. Once again this passage comes to mind: 1Thessalonians 5:23-24 “Now may the God of peace Himself sanctify you completely; and may your whole spirit, soul, and body be preserved blameless at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ. 24 He who calls you is faithful, who also will do it.”
News from the Philippines: Thank you for praying for the Higaunon. We received word this week of 50 baptized in one of the other villages. Please continue to pray for the eight villages who are asking for someone to come from our village to teach them the message that has had such a profound impact in the area. Some of you were aware of the earthquake that struck Bohol island in the Philippines. That island is just north of our location. Ron wrote that he saw the ground moving during the quake. We praise the Lord there was no damage in our village! Please pray for those affected by the quake that God would use this to draw people to Himself.
News from Florida: Thank you for praying for us as we attended the SYIS workshop earlier this month. SYIS is a workshop put on by International Training Partners that simply teaches Biblical principles in developing interpersonal skills. Last year, our member care department asked us if we would take the facilitator’s training workshop in November. We agreed and are now preparing for that. If we are approved, we will be used as facilitators for future workshops.
We asked you pray for our next trip to the Philippines. Thank you for praying. God provided and we have tickets!! We are scheduled to leave February 10th for our 4 month visit. Lance finished the rough draft of 1 Kings and is working on 2 Kings. He hopes to have both books ready for initial checking. Ron hopes we can do the final checking of Joshua and Psalms while we are there.
- for us as we attend the facilitator’s workshop. We need people who will commit to pray for us from the 13th to the 21st of November.
- for the translation of the Higaunon Old Testament.
- for the outreach of the Higaunon church.
- we would like to visit our daughter and family next year while we are “in the vicinity.”
- for those we have shared the gospel with to think about what we have shared with them. Eternity is a really, really long time – we are praying they will make that all important decision before it is too late!
Secure in Christ’s love,
Lance & Laura