Thanks for keeping us and espesially the Mengens in prayer! Our team are having really rainy weather, it’s is black skies, rain and even fog in the house! We are walking through swamp now for the most part and it is hard to get cloths dry just now! That is jungle life for you:)
Things are ticking on as far as teaching goes, I am now teaching through more practicall lessons in Romans 12 and my co worker is teaching evenagelicall lessons on the the fulfillment of Gods promise of the world flood and then next week we will be teaching on the tower of Babel. Please pray that people will see clearly again that we are all sinners, because of the sin in Adam and that we are in need of a redeemer. Pray that teaching through the story of Noah will show that we are just like those people who died outside of the boat. Pray that they will see that God keeps his promises and that there is only one door and one way to eternal life and peace with God.
Some general prayer point: –
1) Pray for simon as he would like to start and teach two new lessons per week in a while and that he and the hearers would be ready for the increase in information. Pray for the trainee teachers as this will increase their workload also. Pray for us for wisdom as we evaluate the hearers.
2) Pray for this new discipleship opportunity at our local high-school. Pray that the believing children will be strengthened in their faith and that teachers and other students may be challenged and see their need of the teaching.
3) Pray for our co workers wife Annika as she continues to learn Mengen that she would keep encouraged and progress well.
4) We have had some opportunities again with our local leader, pray God would save his soul. Also pray for the opposition we have been experiencing from the local Kivung group that God will turn this around to His glory.
5) Our tractor shed and tractor at the airstrip are being damaged on a reasonably regular basis pray that we can find a solution.
6) Simon is developing bible studies for our trainee teachers on being a disciple, bible studies on marriage and child training. Please pray for wisdom as we teach through the basics of these topics.
7) Pray for longer periods of health, we seem to be down with illness on a regular basis.
8) Pray for us as we are reevaluating the schooling of our kids and espesailly of our oldest daught
er Madeleen. It seems that Marie and Madeleen will be going home for som tests to be done and it might be that we all go home for a short time to get her checked out.
9) Pray that our regular monthly needs will be met in line with the economy and expenses in PNG.
Thanks so much for your prayers and partnership in the gospel, and remember that this is not possible if it is not for you guys!
Lourens for the Mengen church