Brrrr! That’s what I have to say…. And the fact that I’m saying this means we are in South Africa. We arrived here a month and a half ago after an uneventful journey home.
Here’s a few highlights and things we are thankful for:
– We have a really nice house that we are living in, with my sister and her family as neighbors. And our car is still in great working condition. We are super thankful for this as it means we don’t need to spend money on rent or buying a vehicle, which again helps us saving money to pay off Naomi collage depts of last year.
– We had a few visits with Lourens mom, who is really doing well. She is part of a great church, and they are like family to her and a great blessing to Lourens and I in the years we are away, to know that she is loved and taken care off well.
– My parents and Madeleen, our oldest, came for a 3 week visit here to Mpumalanga. Madeleen, Oupa and Ouma are doing well and enjoying good health. We thoroughly enjoyed their visit and seeing Madeleen and the love and admiration she has for Camphill, blessed our hearts. We all went camping for a week and though cold, we enjoyed each other’s company.
– We got to meet baby NOAH, my sister’s last born. Man- all I can say is I feel like a grandma and enjoying every bit of it. Not to mention Lourens who has totally fallen in love with the little guy!
-We met up too with Lourens’s brother and his wife who got married recently. Fun to get to know Evelyn and seeing that they are happy!
-We were able to already touch base with many friends and some of our supporting churches, giving feedback and just visiting over meals and coffee.
-We were able to get Marlou’s American visa!!!! This is a HUGE praise as we did not know exactly what the requirements are and what the process looks like from this side. But there were tears of happiness that day when Marlou came out of the embassy with the good news. And 3 days later we had her passport with the visa in, in our hands. Marlou will attend the New Tribes Mission Bible School in Waukesha, Wisconsin.
-We were able to buy Marlou’s ticket to the US for Aug 15. And we are thankful for good friends picking her up on that side, that will house and feed her! What a great TEAM we belong to.
-We are thankful for people who started giving towards Marlou’s Bible School tuition.
-Naomi is doing well in the States. She was able to find a few small jobs on campus that is keeping her busy this summer. She finished her year being on the Dean’s list again, we are thankful! Thank you so much for everyone who contributed towards her second-year college fees!
– And this past week we got some snow where we live now. I happens last time when I was a child. This was special!
Here is how you can pray for us:
-Please pray that we will receive Marlou’s new passport quick. We have a 6-week trip planned to the Cape province that we had to postpone already.
-We have a sad goodbye coming up with Marlou leaving for the States, to start her Bible school training towards a missionary career. Pray that we will find our comfort and hope in GOD for this. Also pray that God will meet all her needs to make this work. Anyone who would like to support her can contact us or Marlou at firstname.lastname@example.org.
-We have 6 weeks in the Cape coming up with LOTS of speaking engagements. Pray for energy, wisdom, safety, and the finances to make this work.
-August is always a month with so many expenses, home school curriculum and medical aid that needs to be paid. Pray with us that God would provide for us.
-Naomi is applying for a student loan in the US. Pray this can be granted so she can finish her last 2 years of nursing.
Thank you for being part of our team. We are more than ever thankful for you who give, encourage and pray for us.
Marie, for the rest of the clan.