Hello, my name is Marlou Laureti.
I was born in South Africa in 2004. When I was just a few years old my family moved to Papua New Guinea as missionaries to help reach one of the 800 people groups living in the jungles of PNG. We moved into the Mengen tribe where we lived and served among the Mengen people for many years. For my parents this looked like: learning a tribal language, studying their culture, building relationships, discipleship, translating the Bible and helping them learn how to read and write. But, for me and my 3 siblings this tribal life looked more like playing in the rain with the tribal kids, picking up their language, demonstrating to them our love for Jesus and one another, teaching them songs and games, going to nearby rivers and gardens and so much more.Eventually a church was born in the Mengen tribe and there were new believers! They learned that they have a Savior who loves them and died for them and who desires to have a relationship with them all. This truth changed their lives completely as they turned away from their old sinful way of thinking, and learned to live a life that glorifies God.
Not only did this change their hearts eternally but it also changed something in my heart. I became a believer at a very young age, but it wasn’t until around this time that I truly saw their desire to know Christ on a deeper level and this challenged my heart to continue to do the same and to grow deeper with Him. Many years have gone by since this time, my relationship with the Lord has had mighty highs and challenging lows as do all Christians, but through it all, I’m continuing to see the Lord be faithful in giving me a hunger for His Word.
I am thankful for His faithfulness in growing me. Now I have graduated, I am very excited for what’s coming. And excited that I can share this with you!!
Attending Bible School aiming at full time tribal missions’ career.
I am planning on attending Ethnos 360 (New Tribes Mission) Bible Institute in Wisconsin in August, to Lord willing pursue full time tribal missions. I would need to complete two-year Bible school Training and then two-year missionary specific training. You can take a look at the Ethnos360 website for more information at Ethnos360 Website.
Would you consider supporting me.
As you all know, it takes a team to reach the unreached and there is no way I can do this on my own. I therefore need to start the long journey of building a partnership and support network that will partner with me as I move forward, and I am praying for individuals and churches to become part of my support network, through prayer, financial support, and encouragement.
– Financial support- Seeing as I’m an international student in the U.S, there will be no way to generate a steady income, as I can’t have a job in the States. As missionaries my family relies fully on the financial support of those around us and in our home countries. So I am needing financial support. I need around 11,000 dollars for the first year. These costs cover tuition and boarding, and then I would need $1500 for plane tickets to get me to the States. This does not include monthly personal living expenses. The above can be met by once-off gifts towards these needs or becoming a monthly supporter. If giving is something, you are interested in you can contribute in the following way:
– Once off donations – Follow the following link https://e360bible.org/student-payments/.
– PayPal – PayPal me at email@example.com. (Make sure you specify with my name, “Marlou” for it to be forwarded to my future account)
– Recurring contributions – through EFT contact our Finance financeUSA@ntm.org.
– South African Supporters – Make donations into our South African bank account and specify for “Marlou” at:
Savings Account Number: 238403122
– Prayer and Encouragement – I would love to keep you updated through my newsletters so please send me your email address and I would add you to my distribution list, contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org. I would also be willing to meet up with churches and individuals in the future to build relationships, develop our partnership and talk more about what God is laying on my heart. You can also connect with me on Facebook at Marlous Facbeook Account
I am looking to God to be my faithful Provider like always, for I know if something is his plan for me, he will also provide for me through that. Pray for me as I step out in faith and head to the U.S without family and enter a whole new culture. Thank you so much for considering partnering with me.