Thank you for praying for us! When January came and “our plans” of moving didn’t happen, we felt discouraged. There are pressing staff needs at the Missionary Training Center…why would God keep us waiting?! But, thanks to your prayers for us, God has changed our perspective and given us so much joy. Here are some of the ways that we see Him blessing us as we wait:
We love that Ethnos360 requires missionaries to raise up a ministry partnership team before heading into ministry. That means that we are not alone in our ministry; we are supported by a team of churches and people who share the same vision. During our extra few months here in Pennsylvania, we have loved spending time with our ministry partners and growing closer with you all. Thank you for being a vital part of our ministry!
Ministry opportunities right where we are.
We prayed that God would show us how to serve Him right here, right now. And here are some of the current opportunities that He provided:
- Nick just spent two days with our sending church pastor at Wayumi (an Ethnos360 retreat center), where they both learned more about what God is doing today in reaching out to unreached people groups through His Church.
- God has provided discipleship opportunities for Nick with some teens in our sending church.
- Kathy will be sharing about Ethnos360 at a Global Opportunities Seminar at Cairn University, her alma mater.
- Nick is sharing about missions during a chapel at Plumstead Christian School. Pray for the young believers in the elementary school to learn more about God’s character and His heart for all people to be saved.
- Kathy and Naomi are going to Arkansas for a week to care for two young missionary kids. Some friends of ours are taking a missions and vision trip overseas, and they need childcare for their kids. Pray for their trip, and pray for Kathy as she cares for three kids 3 and under.
- We continue to pursue church partnerships. Pray that God gives us opportunities to serve and connect with potential church partners.
Wisdom and direction to raise our full financial support.
Recently, God woke Nick up at 2 AM and burdened his heart to pray about how we will raise the rest of our financial support. God laid on his heart to take the next 100 days (now 86 days) to connect with people who know our ministry and expressed an interest in partnership. In the past week, we have added 8 new ministry partners and seen our financial support increase by 15%! That is exciting news, friends. We see God at work, and we are trusting and praying that He will lead us in our final months of partnership development. We are still about 30% short of our needed monthly support. If we haven’t connected with you yet, and you want to hear more about our Ethnos360 ministry, let us know! God is good, and He continues to provide for our every need. We pray for you all, so keep sending us your prayer requests.
The Lord is righteous in all His ways and faithful in all He does.Psalm 145:17