Many of you were praying for our flights back to Papua New Guinea earlier in October. We wanted to let you know that we really appreciate your prayers! Not one flight (of 4) was cancelled and we made all our connections…..and so did our luggage! We also didn’t have to pay any extras for our overweight bags.
We split up our return trip with a week in Sydney. A good friend spoiled us as we got to see the sights of Sydney. We even spent some time up in the Blue Mountains! Not only was it a refreshing time, but it also allowed us to get over jet lag a bit before we arrived back in PNG.
Heading to the Hanger
We also want to thank you for your prayers as we adjust back into our ministries. Shortly after arriving back, Paul grabbed his tool box and headed back to the hanger. And what timing…his first day back was spent helping fix a helicopter problem.
Andrea’s transition has been a little different. After much prayer, we decided that Andrea would change ministries. Instead of offering admin support at our headquarters office, she will now be using her secretarial skills at the hanger. Yep…that means that we go to work together!!! Please pray as we settle into our rolls and learn to juggle ministry and married life.
A Wonderful Welcome Back
We were welcomed back in grand style by our family here on our support center. Not only were we invited over for many meals (Isn’t it wonderful not to have to cook when you are trying to move in?) but we also found our kitchen supplied with the basics to get us started.
Shortly after arriving our NTM family here threw us a wedding reception. While Andrea wasn’t able to wear her wedding dress (it would of taken up one entire suitcase to bring over) we were able to have a wonderful evening of celebration. We even had a beautiful three-tiered cake (made to resemble the cake we had back in the States). What a blessing!
Praises & Prayer Requests:
- Safe flights and no charges for our luggage.
- We had the finances for our airline tickets (to the tune of $1900 each)!!
- A wonderful holiday in Sydney.
- For you — our vital support team!!
- Paul’s medical situation — we are currently trying to get his allergy drug purchased in Australia and then flown up here on our aviation plane (as it needs to be refrigerated).
- Wisdom and focus as we settle into our ministries.
- Sensitivity to the Lord’s leading in our lives.
- The we would be a light and encouragement to those around us.