“And the angel said unto them, Fear not: for, behold, I bring you good tidings of great joy, which shall be to all people.” Luke 2:10
The birth of Christ lavishly illustrates our God who plans, loves, invites and acts. His intentional action for the benefit of us all is shown through the angel visits, the proclamation to the shepherds, the stars in the sky, the wise men bringing gifts and the warnings in the dreams. He gave special messages to Zechariah, Mary, Joseph, Elizabeth, Simeon, Anna and the shepherds; to which they responded by faith. We have a God who is actively involved in the lives of men to bring “good tidings of great joy which shall be to all people.”
Here is our concern: The “good tidings of great joy” have not yet been delivered to all people.
There are over two thousand language groups of people who have not heard the gospel message once.
No one who knows the message speaks their language. They have no Bibles. There are no churches among them. Nobody is working to plant a church among them.
The story of the glorious goodness of our holy creator God, his righteous judgment, his love for sinners, his marvelous grace through the sacrifice of Jesus, has not been told.
Should the untold be told?
We believe so. God’s word makes it clear that those who have heard are the vessels whom He has chosen to tell those who have not.
Who will tell them?
This is where we need your help.
Do you know people who could tell them if they would? Let’s make sure they know about unreached.
Do you know someone who would tell them if they could? Let’s help them find a way.
How do we deliver the message, that we should, to the people who would and the people who could?
Discovery is a big part of this.
Where do such people gather? What opportunities are available to engage them in meaningful conversation? What venues are there where we could meet them at a gathering? What resources could we use to make engagement possible? Who will engage them?
Someone should tell the people who might tell the untold.
Faith comes by hearing God’s word. (Rom. 10)
You might tell them if you would. What are the limits of your telling? Time? Work? Funding? Venues? Willingness? Networks? Opportunity? Many of us have similar weights.
We would tell them if we could. Lord, what is our role? For now, by faith, we devote our time to do some telling to potential tellers.
- We have the willingness. Would you pray for wisdom, grace and direction in the use of our enthusiasm?
- We are investing our time to do the telling. We are able to do so only due to the generosity of our financial partners. Would you like to help expand our reach?
- We have many opportunities and we are pursuing more venues and sponsors every day. Most venues charge us to display. Would you like to sponsor an event?
- We are developing the networks of people who know about the unreached. Are you able to help us network?
- We are guiding the responsive people toward more information and action. Do you know people with whom we should talk?
- We give presentations at a variety of venues when we are able. What Christian events are we missing? Do you know of a gathering where we might share what God is doing among remote people groups?
Who will regularly engage with us to pray with us for God’s provision, direction, timing and wisdom?
Who will seek to engage teams of people to lend their skills, influence, expertise and enthusiasm as part of the telling team?
What opportunities are there in your area? A missions conference? A retreat? A youth rally? A Bible study? A small group? A Sunday School class?
How could we connect with more people to communicate with them about unreached people groups?
Help Us Help Them?
Here are some things that could be done:
- Tell us (and keep telling us) about opportunities in your area.
- Sponsor us (repeatedly) into the lives of people you know.
- Direct the willing-hearted to communicate and network with us about unreached people groups.
- Advise us of venues where it could be wise to set up a display table to engage people.
- Connect with potential sponsors of display events about the opportunities and the needs.
- Let’s pray together about the people, the needs, the opportunities God has brought to our attention.
- Help us build growing faith in God among His people; especially toward reaching unreached language groups.
Let’s engage a growing network of people who constantly pray, give, send and go to tell the unreached about Christ.
It’s not about us, but about what God will do through us all as we labor together to bring people to worship Him;
from “out of every kindred, and tongue, and people, and nation.” (Rev. 5:9)
Glory to God in the highest, and on earth peace, good will toward men. Luke 2:14