This is the season we remember and celebrate the birth of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. “Christ” is in the center of “Merry Christmas”. Without Christ, there is no Merry Christmas. We, along with you, have many family traditions that we keep each year, creating memories that will hopefully last for years to come. Every December, our family enjoys:
– Memorizing a portion of Luke 2 as a family.
– Making Christmas cookies – enjoying every part of baking, decorating, and of course eating.
– Giving small gifts to each school-aged child in our village, at their annual Christmas party. This year, Luke enjoyed giving the gifts to children his age.
– Taking a school break, and enjoy the quieter week, listening to Christmas music, working on a puzzle, playing games, and simply enjoying the family time.
– Fellowshipping with Agutaynen believers during a Christmas morning service. This year, Stephen has added a new challenge which might become a new tradition: What gift will we give to Jesus on Christmas? God sent the greatest gift, Jesus, to be our Savior. What are some of your traditions as you celebrate the birth of our Savior?