Praise and Prayer Requests – January & February 2020
- Praise the Lord that we were able to get Ginger to medical help in early December which was able to reduce the headaches and numbness she was experiencing. Please continue to pray for Ginger’s recovery and for the family to find ways to assist her.
- Praise the Lord for the church dedication on December 7. We were excited to see over 200 visitors, including believers from three other Ethnos360 works.
- Praise the Lord for a wonderful Christmas Program on December 22 by the believers and the children of the village. Over 100 families attended this event.
- Praise the Lord for visitors who have attended Sunday services over the last few weeks.
- Please pray for the leaders of Faith Bible Church as they teach through the book of Galatians during the first half of 2020.
- Please pray for our family and ministry as we start to prepare for our upcoming Home Assignment that begins this summer.
Praise and Prayer Requests – October & November 2019
- Praise the Lord for the recent baptism of five believers. Please pray for them as they grow in the Lord.
- Lord willing, the new church building will be finished by the end of October. Please pray that permits will be quickly obtained for the dedication on December 7.
- Please pray for us as we will be going to Papua New Guinea in October to visit Ginger’s family. This will be a rare occasion when her whole family is together.
- Please pray as the church family and our family are preparing for the church dedication and a Christmas program. We are hoping that both of these events in December will be an opportunity to reach out to others in the village.
- Thank you for praying for the new series Stephen is teaching. This series is taking longer than expected to teach, but it is a great opportunity for the believers to dig into their Bibles and to defend their faith.
Praise and Prayer Requests – July & August 2019
- Praise the Lord for the believers who attended the Christian Training Camp in April. They had a wonderful time, grew in the Lord, and returned to the village excited to serve the Lord.
- Praise the Lord for the kick-off of both Youth Group and Kids’ Bible Club (KBC) in May. Both are going well. We are excited to have Boboy partner with Stephen in leading the Youth Group and many ladies who are helping Ginger in KBC.
- Please pray for Stephen as he has begun a new series. Hopefully, the believers will be encouraged and prepared to face those who don’t follow the clear teaching of the Bible.
- Praise the Lord for progress on the new church building and safety for the workers.
- Please pray for Stephen as he desires to begin developing lessons for First Corinthians. Please pray that the teachers will help in the preparation and be good examples to the other believers in word and in deed.
- Praise the Lord that Ginger and kids have started a new school year.
Praise and Prayer Requests – April & May 2019
- Please pray for nine of our believers (including two leaders and their wives) who are attending a 2-week “Christian Training Camp” in April. This camp is a 9-hour trip by public transportation from our village. Please pray that these believers will be encouraged and challenged to live for Christ in their words and actions, within and without the church family.
- Praise the Lord for continued progress on the new church building for Faith Bible Church. Lord willing, all the walls will be up, and the cement beams poured by the first week of May. Then the trusses and roof can be installed in June and July.
- Please pray for our Sports Bible Camp, which will be hosted in May. We have 69 teens registered. The theme of the camp will be “The Choice”. Please pray that these teens will make the “choice” to believe in Jesus Christ as their Savior.
- We continue to praise the Lord for our new vehicle and for all those who helped provide as vessels of God.
- Please pray for the nine people coming over from our home church in Michigan to assist us in our Sports Bible Camp.
- Please also pray as we kick-off in May the restart of Youth Group and Kid’s Bible Club. Ministry is very busy when all these weekly activities resume.
Praise and Prayer Requests – December 2018
- Praise the Lord that progress has been made on the land title for the church. We feel like we are so close to finishing this process, but still we are trusting the Lord for His timing and provision. Please continue to pray.
- Please pray as we hope to apply for a building permit this month. This gets a little more complicated as we cannot sign the paperwork ourselves, but need to send the paperwork to Manila. Please pray that this too will be accomplished this month.
- Praise the Lord for our new evangelistic outreach in the village. Gerry is doing a great job as Stephen has given him the responsibility of now teaching the lessons. There are several women and children who come, but we desire to see their spouses attend also. Please pray that the message will be clear and that they will turn to Jesus.
- Please continue to pray for our need for a new vehicle. As of this time, one church and several individuals have given toward this need. Please pray for God’s timing and provision for a replacement vehicle and that our current vehicle will keep running in the meantime.
- Please pray as we and the believers in the village will have several opportunities during Christmas to share God’s love for them. May we all shine for Him.
Praise and Prayer Requests – September & October 2018
- Praise the Lord, our kids finally finished their school year in August. After one week of “summer break”, they started school once again. Go kids!
- Please continue to pray for the completion of the transfer of the land title for the church. Everyone is tired of the long process and desires to have this completed.
- Praise the Lord, plans have been drawn for the new church building and papers are ready to apply for a building permit.
- Please pray as we desire to start a new evangelistic Bible study in the village. This will probably be focused on a particular neighborhood in the village.
Praise and Prayer Requests – July & August 2018
- Praise the Lord for a wonderful visit with Ginger’s brother, sister-in-law, son, and another couple from our home church as they passed through Manila, Philippines, on their way to Papua New Guinea.
- Please continue to pray for the transfer of the land title for the new property of Faith Bible Church. At this time, we are unsure of what is the current hold up. We desire to see this come to completion as we hope to apply for a building permit in the near future.
- Please pray that our kids will be able to finally finish this school year in August. Unfortunately with our transition back to the Philippines, they are a little behind.
- Please pray as Stephen does some long overdue repairs to our home in the village. In June, we found termites in our library which has prompted us to not wait any longer. Ginger and the kids will be out of the village for two weeks while Stephen and some men in the village replace the roof over the schoolrooms and replace all the rafters. While this project is going on, Stephen has a list of other things to do. Please pray for safety for the workers and for the separation of our family during this work.
Praise and Prayer Requests – April & May 2018
- Praise the Lord that we have moved back into the village. It has been a busy month of projects around the house, our kids getting back into school, and preparing for Sports Bible Camp, Kid’s Bible Club, Youth Group, and Sunday messages.
- Please pray for the teens who attend Sports Bible Camp, and the start of Kid’s Bible Club and Youth Group in April. There are so few children and teens in the village who know Jesus as their Savior.
- Praise the Lord that the Agutaynen teachers were willing to continue teaching on Sundays through the end of March and did a great job! Please pray as Stephen began teaching again in April.
- Please continue to pray for progress on transferring the land title into the name of the church. One of our believers has diligently worked on this process for over a year now, and much has been accomplished. He says we are almost done!
Praise and Prayer Requests – January & February 2018
- Praise the Lord for the wonderful time He has given us in the States. We have been able to connect with many of our supporting churches, family, and friends, and simply enjoy fellowship with believers.
- Please pray for our return to the Philippines. It will be difficult for our children to leave behind their friends, for all of us to leave behind Rebekah, and for Rebekah to be left behind!
- Praise the Lord for Ginger’s parents who are providing a home for Rebekah while she attends Grace Bible College in Grand Rapids, Michigan. She will be able to concentrate on her studies without the stress that dorm life and distance from home was for her. Please pray for her continued adjustment to life as an adult in the States.
- Please pray for wisdom as we return to the village. We hear faithful attendance has declined in our absence, and it is our desire to encourage the body of Christ and plant them firmly in Jesus.
Praise and Prayer Requests – November & December 2017
- Praise the Lord for continued progress in obtaining the land title for the new church property in the Philippines and for God’s provision for the new church building. As of October, God has provided 70% of the needed funds through His people. Praise the Lord!
- Praise the Lord for the completion of another Evangelistic Home Bible Study in the village. Please pray that the hearers will believe and start fellowshipping with the church.
- Please pray for guidance for the church leaders to know where and when to start the next Evangelistic Home Bible Study in the village.
- Praise the Lord for the opportunity to share and fellowship with our churches across the country. November is the finish line of over 30 meetings during our Home Assignment.
- Please pray for our family: kids finish their semester of home schooling well; and that we get a little rest prior to our return to the Philippines.
- Please continue to pray for Rebekah as she continues her studies at college.
Praise and Prayer Requests – September 2017
- We appreciate your prayers for our family as our eldest daughter, Rebekah, has just started college. This will be a transition for her and our family, especially when we return to the Philippines in January.
- Thank you for praying for the purchase of land and transfer of the title for the Agutaynen church in the Philippines. Even though we have purchased the land, we are still finding more hurdles to get the land title transferred. Please pray for wisdom for the Agutaynen believers and that this process might be completed soon, even in our absence.
- Praise the Lord, churches and believers here in the States continue to provide funds for the new church building among the Agutaynens. Currently, 60% of the needed funds have been provided. Praise the Lord! Lord willing, we will begin construction in 2018, possibly sooner.
- Please be praying for the unity and strength for the Agutaynen believers during our time of absence.
- Please pray for our family as we are currently in the midst of sharing with 25 churches while in the States.
Praise and Prayer Requests – April & May 2017
- Praise the Lord for the eight people from our home church in Michigan who are coming to help with the Sports Bible Camp in April. Please pray for safety in their travels, and for the hearts of those in the village to be impacted for God’s glory.
- Praise the Lord that Rebekah has chosen Cedarville University in Ohio and is registered to begin there in August. She has received some scholarships. Please pray as she continues this journey of faith and trusting the Lord to meet her needs.
- Praise the Lord for six Agutaynen believers who will be baptized on Easter Sunday! Please pray that they will stand strong for the Lord, and grow in Him.
- Praise the Lord that we have finished another year of homeschooling!
- Praise the Lord that Stephen has been able to work with the men to prepare 35 lessons to be taught while we are in the States from May 2017 to January 2018. At least four men will be teaching, and three men have been appointed as leaders during our absence.
Praise and Prayer Requests – February & March 2017
- Praise the Lord that the Agutaynen believers have chosen a piece of land in the village for their future church home. The long process of purchasing this land has begun. Please pray with us that this will be completed soon and that the transfer will take place by the end of March.
- Please pray with us and the team from Michigan which will be coming over to help with our Sports Bible Camp in April. May they shine for Jesus and be an encouragement to our church family here in the Philippines.
- We are already making preparations for our Home Assignment. We have purchased our plane tickets and, Lord willing, we will be returning the States at the beginning of May.
- With joy (and a little sadness) we are excited to see Rebekah moving closer to graduation from High School. She has been accepted to and is planning on attending Cedarville University in August. Ginger and Rebekah are now filling out paperwork for scholarships. We appreciate your prayers for Rebekah as she transitions to her home country, which is in many ways unfamiliar and full of surprises.
Praise and Prayer Requests – October & November 2016
- We continue to praise the Lord that Ginger’s fall down our stairs last July didn’t result in more serious injuries. She is still on the road to recovery and still has limited movement in her right arm. Please pray that she can regain full strength and use of her arm.
- Thank you for praying for Hesus, his battle with cancer, and for his family. Hesus died on August 16. He finished well and his funeral was an opportunity to share the Gospel with others in the village. Please pray for his wife, Diday, and for his family as they continue to adjust to life without their husband and father.
- Praise the Lord for the Kids’ Bible Club, the 40+ kids that come every week, and for the Agutaynen women who help Ginger lead this outreach.
- Thank you for praying for Rebekah and her recent ACT tests in September. We were excited to see that she did well. Please continue to pray for wisdom as we prepare to bring her back to the States in May and the decisions she needs to make regarding college and more.
- Please continue to pray for the search and provision of land and a new church building for the Agutaynen believers.
Praise and Prayer Requests – August & September 2016
On July 24, Ginger fell down our stairs in the village and broke her right arm. Please pray for her recovery and for the family to help her during this difficult time. Thank you!
- Please pray for us as we desire to reach the “whole family” with the Good News. As a result we have four Bible studies each week, each focusing on a particular age group. Two of these Bible studies began in July: Luke Bible Study for adults on Tuesday nights; and Kids’ Bible Club on Sunday afternoons for kids ages 4-12. We praise the Lord for the 10 lady believers who have partnered with Ginger for the Kids’ Bible Club.
- Please pray for one of our believers, Hesus, and his family. In July, we was diagnosed with stage 4 cancer. For several reasons, the family has decided not to seek any medical treatment and have accepted the fact that he is dying. We are excited for Hesus’ testimony during these last days of his life. Please pray for him and his family at this difficult time.
- Please pray for Ginger’s Mom and Aunt, who will be visiting us during the end of August and beginning of September. This will be her Aunt’s first visit to the Philippines. Please pray for strength and travel safety.
- Please pray for Rebekah as she prepares to take the ACT test again in September. Hopefully, she will be able to increase her score and her chances of getting a scholarship to college. We also appreciate your prayers as she considers which college to go to upon our return to the States this coming spring.
Praise and Prayer Requests – June & July 2016
- Praise the Lord for a great Sports Bible Camp in May. Forty-nine teens participated and over 13 believers helped us by being leaders and coaches. Fruit is already seen as our youth group has increased to 29 teens. Most of these teens still don’t know Jesus as their Savior, so please pray for their salvation.
- Praise the Lord for a good summer break for Ginger and our kids. The next school year begins on June 20. Please pray for all of us to be diligent and faithful in this school year.
- Please pray for us as we hope to start in July a new Kids’ Bible Club learning the life of Christ. Ginger has been busy preparing for this and is hoping that several ladies will help her with this. Also, we hope to start a new Adult Bible Study exploring the book of Luke. Both of these new studies will probably take place on Sunday, making it a very busy day.
- Praise the Lord that Rebekah did well on her ACT test in April. Please pray for her as she prepares to take it again in September. Hopefully, she will be able to increase her score and her chances of getting a scholarship to college.
- Please pray for Abigail and Luke as they have begun orthodontic treatments.
Praise and Prayer Requests – April & May 2016
1. Please pray for safety and encouragement for the men from our village who will be attending a leadership seminar in April.
2. Praise the Lord that Rebekah’s ACT test went smoothly. We expect to receive the results by the end of May. Please continue to pray for her as she seeks God’s wisdom concerning her future and what college to attend.
3. Please continue to pray for the church in the village and finding a permanent location for them. It seems like there is some progress happening and we ask prayer for wisdom with the details involved.
4. In May, we will once again have a Sports Bible Camp in the village. Please pray that lives will be changed for God’s glory. We are asking everyone in church to help us with this very busy week. Lord willing, 40 teenagers will attend this camp.
Praise and Prayer Requests – February & March 2016
1. Please pray as our partners are leaving the Philippines permanently the first week of February. Pray for them as they adjust to “normal” lives in Germany. And please pray for us as we continue with the ministry we have shared with them for 10 years.
2. Praise the Lord that four more believers were baptized in our village on January 3rd.
3. Please pray for wisdom as we look to the Lord for a permanent home for Faith Bible Church in our village.
4. Praise the Lord for His provision of individuals who have newly partnered with us in prayer and financial support, increasing our monthly support level to 81%.
5. Please pray for our daughter Rebekah as she will be taking her ACT test in Manila in April. Please pray she does her best and has wisdom in college choices and other decisions concerning her future.
Praise and Prayer Requests – August 2015
1. Praise the Lord for our safe arrival back to the Philippines and for all the preparations to move back into the village.
2. Please continue to pray for us, especially our kids, as we adjust back to life in the village.
3. Praise the Lord for the Agutaynen believers who continue to stand for the Truth.
4. Please pray that we can encourage and strengthen the believers over the next weeks and months.
Praise and Prayer Requests – July 2015
- Praise the Lord for a wonderful time of Home Assignment: visiting friends, family, and supporters!
- Praise the Lord for opportunities to share in 27 churches and safety in travel over 17,000 miles!
- Praise the Lord that He increased our monthly support to 74% of our mission’s recommendation!
- Please pray for our flight and connections back to the Philippines.
- Please pray as we say good-byes, move back to the Philippines, and adjust to life and ministry back in the village among the Agutaynens.
Praise and Prayer Requests – April 2015
1. Praise the Lord for the gift of His Son and the joy it is to celebrate His resurrection with our family and with our church family!
2. Please pray for continued safety as we travel from Michigan to Florida, and then up the East Coast to New York in April. We will be visiting three colleges for Rebekah, as well as sharing in a church and visiting friends. This will be a two-week road trip.
3. Praise the Lord for opportunities to share what God is doing among the Agutaynens in the Philippines, and for new individuals the Lord is leading to partner with us financially.
4. Please pray for our preparations to return to the Philippines in July: we will soon purchase plane tickets, new computers, and household supplies to ship back to the Philippines.
5. Praise the Lord for safety in our travels. We have enjoyed seeing many of our family and friends, and meeting new friends also!
Praise and Prayer Requests – December 2014
1. Praise the Lord for our safe arrival to the States and for the provision of a home, vehicle, and winter clothes.
2. Please pray for Rebekah as she has begun her driver’s training classes.
3. Please pray for Abigail as she will be fitted for a back brace on December 4th.
4. Praise the Lord for several meetings in which we have already had the opportunity to share our hearts and what God is doing among the Agutaynens.
Praise and Prayer Requests – August/September 2014
We are gearing up for our return to the States the first week of November for Home Assignment. In preparation, Ginger and the kids are working hard in school and Stephen will be handing over his teaching responsibilities to our partners. At the same time, we are scheduling meetings in churches and in homes for when we are in the States. We greatly appreciate your partnership through prayer during this time of transition. And we look forward to seeing you all again.
Praise and Prayer Requests – July 2014
- Praise the Lord for the arrival of rainy season!
- Please continue to pray for the Agutaynens and for them to have a thirst for the Good News of salvation.
- Praise the Lord that the Girl’s English Bible class has come to an end. Several of these young ladies have expressed faith in Jesus alone. Please pray that these young ladies will be a light to their families.
- In July we will make a short trip to Manila to see Ginger’s brother and family. We haven’t seen them in 11 years! Please pray for safety during these travels.
- Please pray for the Agutaynen men who will be leading and teaching during the one Sunday morning worship while we are in Manila. This will be the first time ever they will meet on a Sunday without missionaries. In preparation, Stephen has already met with the three men who will be leading this Sunday worship.
Praise and Prayer Requests – June 2014
- It rained today! Please pray for rain as our village is struggling with lack of water at this time. This also includes us, as our well is nearly dry. Today was the first time it rained in a long time.
- Please pray for Ginger and the kids as they continue diligently with the school year. They are working hard in hopes of finishing the year by October.
- Please pray also for Stephen and the Agutaynens who are helping him construct a new cement water tower. They need wisdom for working with the cement, and safety throughout the project.
- We look forward to a visit next month from Ginger’s brother, David, and his family, as they return to their ministry in Papua New Guinea. We are all excited to see them as it has been 12 years since the last time we have seen them!
- Please continue to pray for our upcoming Home Assignment. We hope this month to purchase one-way tickets back to the States. Lord willing, we will arrive to Michigan on November 5th. Our schedule is already filling up. If you desire us to come to your area, please let us know.
- Please continue to pray for the ministry among the Agutaynen people, for Stephen’s responsibilities of teaching and discipleship, and for the growth of the believers.
Praise and Prayer Requests – March 2014
- Praise the Lord for another Home Bible study that was completed in February. Many have expressed faith in Christ and a few have already come on Sunday to worship.
- Please continue to pray for those who have heard the Gospel message through the Home Bible studies but haven’t made a commitment yet.
- Praise the Lord that our kids will be finishing their school year around March 14. They have worked hard.
- Please pray for the Monday Night Bible study for the men. This is a good time to equip the men to teach His Word on Sundays. Usually, a Sunday involves the teaching of God’s Word by one of the missionaries and at least two other believers.
- Please pray for Stephen as he will be attending meetings in Manila during the first week of March. Ginger and the kids will be staying on the island during Stephen’s absence.
- Please pray for Abigail’s check-up for her scoliosis at the end of March.
Praise and Prayer Requests – February 2014
- Praise the Lord for new believers among the Agutaynens. Two of Stephen’s Home Bible Studies came to an end in December. Many have professed Christ as their Savior. However, some are hesitant to go against their elders by stepping away from the village church and join us on Sundays for Worship. Please pray for these new believers to have the courage to step away and to declare their new faith amongst their neighbors and family.
- Praise the Lord for the 7 believers who were baptized on January 26. Rejoice with us in their testimonies.
- Please pray with us concerning our upcoming Home-Assignment in the States. Lord willing, we will return in November for nine months. Please pray with us as we trust the Lord for the $12,000 we need for plane tickets. As of this time, we have been able to set aside $7,000 and a few individuals have given towards this need, too. If God puts it upon your heart to help with this financial need, you can do so by clicking on the “give” tab.
- Please continue to pray for our family concerning the children’s homeschooling. Each of our kids is unique when it comes to school. Rebekah rises at 4:15am with the goal of finishing school by lunch time. Abigail starts about 7:45 and works all day, finishing about dinner time.
- Our team has just begun a new Monday night Bible study for the men. Our desire is to step up discipleship through this Bible study and to give the men the opportunity to teach God’s Word on Sundays. Our team is excited about this new Bible study. Please pray that the believers will likewise be excited and faithful in attendance.
Praise and Prayer Requests – October 2013
- Praise the Lord for the wonderful job and willingness of the Agutaynen men to teach through the book of Titus with Stephen and Manfred. This was very encouraging and most of the men taught twice.
- Thank you again for praying for Rebekah and her braces. One of the biggest concerns is that her canine teeth haven’t come in yet. She had an “operation” on September 23 to encourage her canines to slowly come down. Please continue to pray for her as this has involved quite a lot of pain and a change in her eating. She has lost at least 6 lbs. already. The dentist is hoping to remove the braces prior to our return to the States in November 2014.
- Please continue to pray for Abigail and her scoliosis. She has grown an inch over the last two months. We are hoping this growth spurt hasn’t increased her curves. She will have her next check-up in Manila on October 24.
- With two new Bibles studies started, Stephen continues to be busy. Please pray for strength.
- Ginger and the kids have already completed the first 9 weeks of the school year. Please pray for good attitudes and diligence.
Praise and Prayer Requests – August 2013
- Praise the Lord for Stephen’s co-teachers who continued teaching at the Home Bible Studies during Abigail’s check-up in Manila. Both the teachers and the hearers were all encouraged.
- Please pray for us as we consider beginning our Home-Assignment in November 2014. We were thinking May of 2015 but it looks like an earlier and shorter time in the States will be best as we start thinking about our kids entering college.
- Thank you for praying for Rebekah as she got braces last month. She still has some pain and only eats very small bites. We were hoping to have the braces removed before our Home-Assignment, but with an earlier return, this may not be possible anymore.
- Praise the Lord for the believers who are currently teaching on Sundays through the book of Titus. This has been an encouragement for all.
- Please pray as we are seeking the Lord concerning Stephen starting another Home Bible Study.
- Please continue to pray for our health as a family. Many Agutaynens and our family have been having flu-type sicknesses.
Praise and Prayer Requests – July 2013
- Praise the Lord for Abigail’s check-up on July 2. The doctor was satisfied that Abigail’s curves have not increased much and he has advised us to return in October for another check-up.
- Please be praying for Stephen’s co-teachers who are continuing the Home Bible Studies in Stephen’s short absence (for Abigail’s check-up).
- Praise the Lord for the believers who are now teaching on Sundays through the book of Titus.
- Please pray as the new school year will hopefully start on July 22.
- Please continue to pray for our health as a family. Several missionaries have recently had Dengue Fever (a mosquito born-sickness), and there have been many cases of Dengue in the areas surrounding our village.
- Please pray for Rebekah as she is scheduled to get braces on her teeth on July 15.
Praise and Prayer Requests – June 2013
1. Praise the Lord for His work here among the Agutaynens. We continue to praise the Lord for the growth of the believers and continue to pray for more to be added to the family of God.
2. Praise the Lord for Abigail’s faithfulness in doing her exercises every day. Please pray for her next appointment in Manila on July 2.
3. Praise the Lord that the school year is drawing to an end. Ginger is hoping to finish up the year by June 21.
4. Praise the Lord for the Home Bible Studies. Please pray as Stephen spends extra time with his Agutaynen co-teachers in June to prepare them to continue the teaching during our absence in July. Please pray for these men to have a passion to share God’s Word and for their faithfulness.
Praise and Prayer Requests – May 2013
- Praise the Lord for our time in Manila for Abigail. To our surprise, the doctor doesn’t want to put her in a brace yet for her scoliosis, but wants to observe her first to see if her curvatures remain the same. So, we will need to return to Manila for a new x-ray and measurement of her curves in July. If her curves increase, then the doctor may order a brace. If not, he will probably suggest again that we wait and do another x-ray a few months later. Please pray that Abigail will remain faithful in her daily exercises with Stephen and that these will strengthen her back and prevent the curvatures from increasing.
- Praise the Lord that we are back in the village and continuing on with home-schooling and the home Bible studies. Please pray that the kids will work hard and finish the school year by the end of June.
- Please pray for Stephen’s parents as they return to the States for a short visit to see their moms and families. Please pray for them as they seek God’s wisdom for a new ministry in the Philippines upon their return in November.
Praise and Prayer Requests – April 2013
1. Praise the Lord that we were able to consult with an Orthopedic doctor in Manila concerning Abigail’s scoliosis. At this time, we will not be putting Abigail into a back brace, but we will need to return to Manila in July for a follow-up x-ray and consultation. See our update on the Home page for more details: “To Brace or Not to Brace”.
2. Please pray as we return to the village around April 20th and Stephen continues to teach the Home Bible Studies.
3. Praise the Lord for a wonderful time with the Christian men as we studied the book of Titus together during the month of March. See our update on the Home page for more details: “Training Men”.
Praise and Prayer Requests – March 2013
1. Praise the Lord for a wonderful visit with Ginger’s parents. The days flew by and we truly enjoyed our time together.
2. Please pray for Abigail and the finances for her scoliosis treatment. We will be flying to Manila in a few weeks so a brace can be made for her back. Please also pray for her encouragement as the brace will be uncomfortable and make our hot climate even more so. Please pray that she will not develop any rashes or fungal infections as a result of having to wear the brace 23 hours a day.
3. Praise the Lord that Rebekah and Abigail will be able to have standardized testing done at Faith Academy while we are in Manila. They are looking forward to attending some “real” classes on the days of their tests also. This is our annual check to make sure our homeschooling is on track.
4. Please pray for the continued Home Bible Studies. Some Agutaynens are questioning their traditions and hopefully seeing they are lost without Christ. Please pray for open hearts.
Praise and Prayer Requests – February 2013
1. Praise the Lord for a wonderful time with co-workers and friends during our annual field conference. Thank you for praying for Ginger as she oversaw the childcare program, 16 kids in all. Of course she had lots of help from other moms and from Australia. You can read more about the childcare program by clicking HERE.
2. Please pray for Abigail and her spine. In short, she has scoliosis and her spine has two curves. We are currently having Abigail do daily exercises and some physical therapy to strengthen her back. We are praying that the curves in her spine will not continue to increase. The big question for us is: Do we put her into a brace? Please pray with us for wisdom and to do what is best for her.
3. Praise the Lord, the audio of the Agutaynen Bible is now finished. We hope that the Agutaynens will be excited about this too and spend hours listening to His Word.
4. We are excited that Ginger’s parents will be with us during the first two weeks of February. Please pray for a safe and wonderful reunion.
5. Please continue to pray for those who are currently attending the home Bible studies each week (Friday, Saturday & Sunday).
Praise and Prayer Requests – December 2012
- On November 17, our first Agutaynen believer went to be with the Lord. Praise the Lord, Elior had a wonderful testimony among the believers and among the villagers. We hope and pray that many will be saved through his death and the believers will be strengthened.
- Praise the Lord for the faithfulness of the Agutaynens who are attending the home Bible studies that Stephen is teaching. Every week 25-30 Agutaynens come to these Bible studies. Please pray that these Agutaynens would not just listen but also trust in Jesus alone for their salvation.
- Please pray for Rebekah as we have begun dental work on her teeth. She now has an expander that hopefully will allow her two canine teeth to come in. In June, we will probably need to get her braces. Please pray for Rebekah’s adjustment to all this and for the needed finances. Her dentist is a three-hour drive from our village. So, this will also involve a few day trips to see her dentist.
- Please pray for Ginger as she oversees and prepares for the childcare program for our upcoming conference in January. This is her first time having this responsibility and there are many details that need to be worked through.
- Please pray for strength, especially during the month of December. Like many of you, there are several social occasions that we need to attend at the schools and in the village, in addition to our regular schedule.
Praise and Prayer Requests – November 2012
1. Praise the Lord for the 2-year visa extensions that we received in October. Thank you all for praying for this and now praise Him for providing.
2. Now that we know that we are staying in the Philippines, we would like to immediately begin some dental work on Rebekah and Abigail. Both need expanders and possibly braces.
3. Praise the Lord for the 16 men and woman for were baptized in October. Pray for these believers to stand strong in the Lord.
4. Please pray for our children and Ginger as they home-school. Every day brings new challenges and opportunities to help them learn and grow.
5. Please continue to pray for the three Home Bible Studies that Stephen teaches every Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. With this teaching schedule, Stephen works 7 days a week. Please pray for wisdom and strength.
Praise and Prayer Requests – September 2012
1. Please pray for Ginger and our four children as they begin a new school year. Every year brings new challenges. Please pray for Abigail as she starts DVDs this school year. Thank you for praying for Rebekah and Abigail as they took the IOWA tests last July. They both did well.
2. Praise the Lord for two Agutaynen homes (soon to be three) that Stephen has begun teaching the Creation to Christ lessons in. Please pray that they will accept the truths of each lesson and move closer to the Savior. Please also pray that these families will invite their neighbors and extended family members to attend these Bible studies.
3. Please pray for the renewal of our visas.
4. Please pray for the removal of warts on the bottom of Abigail and Luke’s feet. As way of an update, it is almost impossible to keep duct tape on the feet of two very active kids.
Praise and Prayer Requests – June 2012
1. Praise the Lord for the recording of the Agutaynen New Testament. The recording of 25 different Agutaynen voices was finished on June 1. Now the recording will be sent to the States where music and sound effects will be added. Lord willing, the final product will be available to the Agutaynens by April 2013.
2. Please pray as the re-teach of Creation to Christ in our village comes to an end this month. Pray that those who have come will choose Christ as their Savior.
3. Our kids are excited that school will end by June 22. For a reward, we have asked a teacher to come from Manila and give our girls the IOWA test in July. To say the least, they are not excited about this test. However, the results of this test will show us if they are progressing in their studies as they should be.
4. Thank you for praying for Luke and his recent doctor appointment. We were able to confirm that we are doing the right thing when he has breathing problems. So far, his breathing problems have been minor and treatable without daily medication. Luke has not had an “attack” for over 2 weeks now and this is a praise. Please continue to pray for his health and wisdom as parents. At this time, we still do not know what is causing these breathing problems. We are thankful to have found a Pedriatric Pulmonologist here on our island. She is only a 3 hour drive from our village, which is much closer than flying to Manila.
5. Currently Stephen and Manfred are in the early stages of revising our Creation to Christ Bible lessons. Our lessons originally were developed for a large group of 200 people. Now, our team wants to focus on family groups that did not come on a regular basis or didn’t come at all to the teaching in the past. This would involve teaching these lessons in their own homes where the group will probably only be 10-15 Agutaynens. Our team is praying for open doors to this new approach and hoping that the Agutaynen believers will partner with us. We greatly appreciate your prayers. Lord willing, the first (of hopefully many) home group will start in August.
Praise and Prayer Requests – May 2012
1. Praise the Lord that, during April and May, Faith Comes by Hearing is recording the Agutaynen New Testament into an audio format.
2. Please pray for the many hours Stephen and Manfred will be investing in the process of working with Faith Comes by Hearing to record the Agutaynen New Testament.
3. Please pray for God to be glorified through the work of recording the Agutaynen New Testament. Please pray that many will hear God’s Word and receive Jesus as their Savior.
4. Continue to pray for the discipleship and growth of the young Agutaynen believers.
5. Praise the Lord for continued health and strength He has given our family.
6. Please pray for Luke who is showing early asthma symptoms again. He has been sympton-free for about a year. We have an appointment on May 21 to see what proactive steps we can take to help him.
Praise and Prayer Requests – April 2012
1. Praise the Lord for a wonderful language evaluation. God has answered your prayers and has brought Stephen to a place in the language where our leadership has given Stephen permission to teach the Bible in theAgutaynen language.
2. Please pray for Stephen’s continued progress in the language. As Stephen now moves into the role of a “Bible teacher”, he will be learning new phrases and spiritual terminology.
3. Please pray as Stephen is now teaching God’s Word. Pray that the message is clear. Pray that Stephen’s words will be pleasing to the Agutaynens ears. As Stephen moves into this new role, our partner Manfred will be observing and assisting Stephen. At this time, Stephen will be teaching on Tuesday nights, the Creation to Christ series.
4. Please pray for us as we raise our children in this culture. We are always looking for ways to help our kids build relationships with the Agutaynens. Last month, we set up a volleyball court in our backyard. This has been a great way for Rebekah to spend time with her Agutaynen friends.
Praise and Prayer Requests – February & March 2012
1. Thank you for praying for a language evaluation for Stephen. Two men will be coming to give Stephen a language evaluation March 2-5. This will be Stephen’s first language evaluation for over four years. Stephen has spent the last few years assisting our partner in the development of Bible lessons. However, Stephen has never formally finished language study. So that is why Stephen is at it again. Please pray: 1. As Stephen prepares for this evaluation and all the details that need to be done before this evaluation; and 2. that the men will give Stephen clear direction for his continued studies.
2. Praise the Lord for a wonderful conference. Our kids absolutely loved it and can’t wait until next year.
3. Please continue to pray for our children and their spiritual growth in Him. Praise the Lord that Jonathan recently trusted Jesus as His own personal Savior!
Praise and Prayer Requests – January 2012
Happy New Year!
- During this New Year, we are trusting God for His mighty hand of protection, His gentle hand of guidance, and His uplifting hand of strength & encouragement.
- Praise the Lord for a wonderful Christmas with Agutaynen believers, our partners and with Stephen’s folks.
- This month begins with our annual get-together of NTM missionaries. Please pray that this time will be refreshing and an encouragement to everyone in our family.
- Please pray for Language Consultants for the Philippines and pray for a language check for Stephen. At this time we desire to know where Stephen is at in the Agutaynen language and guidance as he continues on. However, our field at this time, has no Language Consultants. Please pray.
- Please pray for our children’s physical, spiritual, and emotional needs. As parents, we are looking to the Lord for daily wisdom concerning their individual needs and struggles.
Praise and Prayer Requests – December 2011
- Our family is excited that the Christmas Season is finally here. We look forward to celebrating Christmas at home as a family. And then around the 27th of December, we will visit Stephen’s folks, who are missionaries also in the Philippines, and celebrate Christmas with them.
- December is a busy month with many village activities. Please pray that we will be able to remind the Agutaynens of the true meaning of Christmas during these weeks.
- Praise the Lord that our health is good. Last month was a month of passing the flu from one person to another.
- Please pray as Stephen continues his language study. Please pray for quick comprehension, fluency of speech, and wisdom for direction.
Praise and Prayer Requests – November 2011
- Praise the Lord for the Agutaynens who continue to come to the Bible teaching. Please pray that their hearts will be open to receive the truths found in God’s Word.
- Please continue to pray for Stephen’s language study, especially for encouragement.
- Praise the Lord that our children have settled back into life in the Philippines.
- Please pray for our health as a family. Several of us have had flu-type symptoms this past month.
- Please continue to pray for Ginger as she home schools our four children. Please pray that God gives her wisdom and strength.
Praise and Prayer Requests – October 2011
- Praise the Lord that our partners have returned from Germany and have resumed Bible teaching among the Agutaynens.
- Praise the Lord that Stephen has found five new Agutaynens to help him in his continued language studies. Please pray that these Agutaynens will be faithful in attendance and in correcting/encouraging Stephen’s language.
- Please pray for Ginger as she home schools our four children. Please pray that God gives her wisdom and strength.
Praise and Prayer Requests – September 2011
- Praise the Lord for a wonderful mini-conference last month. We were encouraged, had a great time of fellowship with co-workers, and received some guidance for Stephen’s continued language study.
- Praise the Lord for our family’s move back into the village on August 17. We are mostly settled back into our home.
- Please pray as Stephen resumes his language study. We are trusting the Lord for His strength, encouragement, and guidance.
- Praise the Lord that Luke continues to be healthy and has had no signs of asthma.
- Please pray for the Agutaynens and God’s working in their hearts.
Praise and Prayer Requests – August 2011
1. Praise the Lord for a new vehicle and its arrival to our island.
2. Praise the Lord for Stephen and Rebekah’s trip into the village during the first week of August to clean and repair our home.
3. Please pray as we make final preparations for our family’s soon return to the village.
4. Praise the Lord for how our family is readjusting to life in the Philippines.
5. Please pray for encouragement and guidance as we attend a mini-conference this week with our fellow missionaries and leadership.
Praise and Prayer Requests – July 2011
1. Praise the Lord for a safe flight to the Philippines. All 12 suitcases and 4 children arrived with us into Manila.
2. Pray for our continued need for a vehicle. As of this time, we have not found any vehicle that will meet our needs. Please continue to pray for our search and for any extra funds we still need as the dollar is weak at this time.
3. Praise the Lord for our kids feeling at “home” back in the Philippines.
4. Pray for Stephen’s trip into the village this month to clean and prepare our home for the family’s return in August.
5. Praise the Lord for a quick adjustment for our family to the time zone here in the Philippines.
6. Praise the Lord for doctor visits this past week and their results. Luke was tested for 48 local allergens and tested negative for all of those, including mold.
7. Please pray as we discovered this past week that Abigail has a minor case of scoliosis. At this time, she doesn’t need any treatment. Please pray as we will continue to monitor this as she grows.
Praise and Prayer Requests – June 2011
1. Praise the Lord for a wonderful Home-Assignment and for all the wonderful opportunities to share God’s work among the Agutaynens.
2. Please be praying for our children (and for us too), as good-byes are harder since we’ve made friends in the States.
3. Praise the Lord for the wonderful memories our kids have made in the States.
4. Please pray for us as we prepare to return to the Philippines on June 29.
5. Please pray for us as we adjust once again to the climate, culture and ministry among the Agutaynens.
Thank you for partnering with us!